[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2019-01-12, 14:35)xodi Wrote: For version 2.4.8, I used the "c" option to cache all textures, from the output of the command, I saw a lot of images cached and there is no problem reported at the end, but I found the discart and actor image are still being loaded from online by Kodi (it took some time before these image showing). Is this expected?

DEBUG: Caching image 'https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/269149/moviedisc/zootopia-56bfc33e7cd6f.png' to '6/6e7066a1.png':
DEBUG: cached image 'special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/6/6e7066a1.png' size 720x720

DEBUG: Caching image 'http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/mEArEtz9hiSptnllYJvhh0mbp35.jpg' to 'd/de43a668.jpg':
DEBUG: cached image 'special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/d/de43a668.jpg' size 300x450

If you have not configured texturecache.py to cache cast (actor) thumbnails - the default is not to cache cast thumbs - then any cached cast thumbnails will be pruned when you run P.

Enable cast thumbnail caching by configuring cache.castthumb = yes in texturecache.cfg (or on the command line), and then your cast thumbs will be cached, and they will also no longer be pruned.

Not sure about your discart - if the discart urls are in your media library, and the image files are accessible to kodi, then they should have been cached when you run texturecache.py.

It is possible to cache only certain types of artwork, eg. cache.artwork=poster,fanart would cache only posters and fanart. However the default is to cache all movie artwork (poster, fanart, discart, clearlogo, whatever) - have you perhaps configured texturecache.py to cache only a limited set of artwork types, that does not include discart?

Otherwise, enable logging and re-cache only a specific movie that includes both actors and discart - for example run texturecache.py @logfile=tc.log C movies <movie-name-with-actors-and-discart> - then upload tc.log somewhere and post the link here.

(2019-01-12, 14:35)xodi Wrote: I run the "P" command to clear the texture and run "c" command again to cache and then run the "p" to see what's non-referenced image in texture cache, just found a lot of discart and actor images in the list, for example:

031496|b/b2ad02e2.png|0720|0720|0001||                   |https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/315635/moviedisc/spider-man-homecoming-590086b14964f.png

Seems the texturecache tool cached these images successfully, but failed to set them in database, so Kodi has no knowledge about them and download it again from online when they are used.

Is that spider man image in your media library? It would appear not, otherwise the script would not be suggesting it should be pruned when you run p.

Can you run texturecache.py jd movies homecoming (I'm assuming the Spider Man movie for the above discart PNG includes "homecoming" in the title - if not replace "homecoming" with whatever name you have used for the movie) and paste the output here.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2019-01-13, 03:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17