[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2019-02-16, 03:26)Milhouse Wrote: @bob77

So looking at your log I see a lot of these errors:
text:

2019-02-15 20:51:19.342492:MainThread: libDirectory.JSON SOCKET REQUEST: [{"method": "Files.GetDirectory", "params": {"directory": "E:\\-=Movies=-\\-=Other=-\\2 Guns (2013)1080p.BluRay.x265.HEVC.10bit.DTS.(xxxpav69)\\", "media": "files", "properties": ["file", "lastmodified"]}, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": "libDirectory"}]
2019-02-15 20:51:19.343532:MainThread: libDirectory.BUFFER RECEIVED (len 89)
2019-02-15 20:51:19.343532:MainThread: libDirectory.PARSING JSON DATA: {"error":{"code":-32602,"message":"Invalid params."},"id":"libDirectory","jsonrpc":"2.0"}
2019-02-15 20:51:19.351470:MainThread: libDirectory.JSON SOCKET REQUEST: [{"method": "Files.GetDirectory", "params": {"directory": "E:\\-=Movies=-\\-=Comedy=-\\30.Minutes.or.Less.2011.1080p.BluRay.x265.HEVC.10bit.DTS(xxxpav69)\\", "media": "files", "properties": ["file", "lastmodified"]}, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": "libDirectory"}]
2019-02-15 20:51:19.351470:MainThread: libDirectory.BUFFER RECEIVED (len 89)
2019-02-15 20:51:19.351470:MainThread: libDirectory.PARSING JSON DATA: {"error":{"code":-32602,"message":"Invalid params."},"id":"libDirectory","jsonrpc":"2.0"}

This is the script asking Kodi to traverse the folders E:\-=Movies=-\-=Other=- and E:\-=Movies=-\-=Comedy=- which Kodi is unable to traverse, possibly because you don't have the E:\-=Movies=- path in your sources.xml which is a new security feature in Kodi 18, so add the missing movie source if you want to allow external programs access to the directory and sub-directories.

Or possibly the path no longer exists or is no longer accessible to Kodi, in which case... you'll need to fix that.

It looks like the script is able to access F:\-=Video=-\Movies\-=Other=- (etc.) so either that path is in your sources.xml, or it is available/accessible to Kodi - it's just the E:\-=Movies=- path that Kodi is not allowed/not able to access.

Your poster artwork:
text:

C:\Users\Dr3adLoX\Desktop\kodi backup\kodi_videodb_2019-02-08\movies\2_Guns_2013-fanart.jpg
Check your kodi.log for errors, as Kodi is not able to access this path - missing, deleted, offline, not in sources.xml, I can't tell.

Milhouse,
thank you very much for trying to help me.
let me clarify what I did.
I had E: 2TB, F: 2TB, and G: 500GB
I bought a 4TB and copied both F: and G: to that drive
the new 4TB is now designated as F:
So basically the only change occurred for G:
I created a Kodi backup and edited the .xml (if Im not mistaken the name was library.xml) where I replaced every G: with F:
so everything should match
I also simply removed the entry of G:\-=Movies=- from sources.xml because it no longer exists and F:\-=Movies entry should be sufficient
and I restored the Kodi backup
here is how source.xml looks right now:
Quote:<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <source>
            <name>Drive 2 - TV Docu</name>
            <path pathversion="1">F:\-=Video=-\Docu\-=TV=-\</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Drive 2 - Docu</name>
            <path pathversion="1">F:\-=Video=-\Docu\</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Drive 2 - TV</name>
            <path pathversion="1">F:\-=Video=-\TV\</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Drive 1 - Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">E:\-=Movies=-\</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Drive 2 - Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">F:\-=Video=-\Movies\</path>
        </source>

</video>
    <music>
    </music>
    <pictures>
    </pictures>
    <files>
    </files>
    <games>
    </games>
</sources>

Both "Movies" paths are completely accurate and working
I just tried playing the 2 Guns movie through Kodi and it does find the source and play it with no problem.
I can also click on the choose art button and add new art to it. thats working also.

initially when I restored the backup I did have all my posters but I used the "P" command to do a cleanup and that removed my actor images which I understand now is because I did not have "cache.castthumb = yes" in the cfg, and so I tried to get those actor images back by using the "C" command. Thats when I lost the posters on half the movies and can no longer get the texturecache.py to re-download them.

I have no idea what could be wrong. only thing Im noticing is that the log that I posted has a double slash in the path "E:\\-=Movies=-\\-=Comedy=-\\" dont know if thats normal.

I hope all this can give you an idea of what went wrong and come up with some suggestions...
Thanks again!

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by bob77 - 2019-02-16, 11:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17