[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2019-04-28, 00:07)Milhouse Wrote: Although thinking about it some more, disabling auto-update on Windows punishes all Windows users with Python installed as C:\Python37\python.exe, which is sane and works, so the best solution may be for me to do nothing, and you should fix your system by installing Python to C:\Python37, or use the workaround above (disabling checkupdate. Yes, I like this option the best, but thanks for reporting an odd issue! Smile

Yeah I would not expect it to be disabled for the general case. Mine is just slightly odd because of visual studio and one of the install options in python37. I did not have a linux box handy to try out a quick and dirty try. So I was not sure if just going from
os.execl(sys.executable, sys.executable, *args)
to
os.execl(sys.executable, '"' + sys.executable + '"', *args) # that is singlequote doublequote singlequote
would work there. I know it would on windows. I have run into issues like this in the past with python and windows/linux/threadx. Where the code is 'right' but the libs act slightly different as the OS they sit on are slightly different. Usually something in the os library. Most annoying.

I say just let it error out as it does the download and I can just retry the command. No biggie. I may experiment with it a bit and see if I can get it to work with both better. This usually involves fiddling heavily with the way strings are quoted on each system and finding one both like.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by lharms - 2019-04-28, 05:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17