[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2019-08-13, 01:12)grossdm Wrote: I read in a very old post where you said that Cygwin with bash was not needed, Python on cmd works fine.
I happen to have Cygwin and its Python package(s) installed.  Do you recommend not using this, and to install "Windows Python" to use with cmd?

I'd say "use whatever works". A "Windows Python" install will definitely work. A "Cygwin Python" installation may work, so if that's what you have installed - and it's working - then sure, keep using it!

But I wouldn't recommend installing Cygwin just to use this script, as that's not required and may potentially result in unforeseen problems.

(2019-08-13, 01:12)grossdm Wrote: Also, do you know whether your utility has been used successfully on Android?
I have been using Termux for a while, and it has Python packages available. I thought this might be a way to use your utility on Android.

So long as the Android device has a fairly standard version of Python2 (or Python3) available then it should be possible to run the script on the device. If not, then running the script from another device (Linux/Windows PC, Raspberry Pi etc.) and specifying the IP address of the Android client is probably your only option.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2019-08-13, 03:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17