[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2019-09-07, 02:57)Milhouse Wrote:
(2019-09-06, 22:05)thecubasekid Wrote: I run texturecache from same Windows PC that hosts MySQL. Guess i need to dig a little deeper, also thanks for the advice about setting log on texturecache, for the Kodi log, would simply turning on debug be enough to capture what is needed?

The X and Xd commands require direct access to the filesystem of the device running Kodi, so if you're running the script on Windows for a remote Android client then it's likely your Windows PC simply can't access the Android filesystem, hence all the rows being listed (the textures database for the client can be accessed via JSON, but to test that the cached image files exist in the Thumbnails folder requires - unfortunately - direct filesystem access).

Presumably you've configured the userdata and/or thumbnails property in some way so that it references the Android filesystem from the Windows PC, so I would suggest checking this path and ensuring your Windows PC has read/write access. Run texturecache.py config to see the paths being used by userdata and thumbnails (they will be concatenated together userdata+thumbnails to generate the full path to the client Thumbnails image folder). 
Thanks, this is the problem... my Windows PC has no access to the android file system, guess i wont be using X anytime soon!

thanks also for the fantastic script, i have kodi in most rooms of the house all sharing the SQL DB. Your script helps massively in maintaining all clients in an easy way!!!

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by thecubasekid - 2019-09-09, 00:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17