[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2019-12-24, 00:22)Milhouse Wrote:
(2019-12-23, 09:43)IT007 Wrote: I'm running into a strange error. The script is getting stuck before it really begins, both when run locally and remotely. Nothing is written to the script's log when this happens, it's like it does not start at all(cmd running the script is stuck and has to be closed). Restarting Kodi does not help but rebooting Windows on the machine running Kodi fixes it. Because of this I don't think Kodi debug log would help? I have no idea how many days I would need to log waiting for it to happen again...

Windows 10, Kodi 17.6 Dsplayer, latest texturecache.py

If absolutely nothing is written to the log then almost certainly your Python installation on Windows is broken somehow. Could also be a firewall rule, but you should have something written to the log before any communication is started with Kodi. Check that you are able to run a simple Python script without a problem.  
Well, like I said, some times the script runs and sometimes it does not. Rebooting always fixes it. Other scripts seem to work without a problem. I did add exclusion to Windows Defender antivirus as that was my first guess, but did not think to do that with firewall. I'll add python rule and see how that goes.

Edit: Firewall does not seem to be a problem. I uninstalled python 3 completely and installed python 2.7. Same thing, gets stuck. Rebooting windows fixed it again.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by IT007 - 2019-12-24, 11:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17