[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2020-01-24, 23:41)konrul Wrote: [exec, execw] Execute the specified addon, with optional parameters. eg. exec script.artwork.downloader silent=true mediatype=tvshow. Use execw to wait, but this rarely has any effect (possibly not implemented by JSON?)

Correct, I've had very limited success with execw myself - this calls the Addons.ExecuteAddon with wait parameter but it generally doesn't do much, which is down to Kodi or how the addon has been coded (for instance, the add-on might pass on the work to a service method so that the add-on responds more quickly in the GUI).

(2020-01-24, 23:41)konrul Wrote: How can I use the "exec" command to watch a tv channel from a plugin? For example youtube plugin? Or else, how can I play a webpage video (not youtube) via your program? But still, I couldn't succeed with this intention.

Thanks in advance for your help and guidance!

I don't know about your tv channel and plugin, maybe ask the plugin maintainer.

To watch a video you can use play "<video url>" where <video url> is the path to a local video file (that is accessible by Kodi) or the url of an internet video. You can use playw to wait until the video playback is finished.

To watch a YouTube video, you'll need to use the appropriate plugin-formatted url, for example:
text:

texturecache.py playw "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=tnOHod0Bqas"
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2020-01-25, 01:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17