[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Hi All

I'm after some help with my texturecache.

I'm trying to recache all info for movies, using the 'c' option give promising output

bash:
jlivin25@kodibuntu:~/bin/myscripts/kodi_texturecache$ /home/jlivin25/bin/myscripts/kodi_texturecache/texturecache.py c movies
Need to cache: [  fanart  ] for movie: (500) Days of Summer                           
Need to cache: [  poster  ] for movie: (500) Days of Summer
Need to cache: [  fanart  ] for movie: *batteries not included
Need to cache: [  poster  ] for movie: *batteries not included
Need to cache: [  fanart  ] for movie: 2 Guns
Need to cache: [  poster  ] for movie: 2 Guns
Need to cache: [  fanart  ] for movie: 9
Need to cache: [  poster  ] for movie: 9
Need to cache: [  fanart  ] for movie: 10 Things I Hate About You
Need to cache: [  poster  ] for movie: 10 Things I Hate About You
Need to cache: [  fanart  ] for movie: 12 Angry Men
Need to cache: [  poster  ] for movie: 12 Angry Men
Need to cache: [  fanart  ] for movie: 13 Assassins
Need to cache: [  poster  ] for movie: 13 Assassins
Need to cache: [  thumb   ] for movie: 13 Assassins
Need to cache: [  fanart  ] for movie: 48 Hrs.
Need to cache: [  poster  ] for movie: 48 Hrs.
Need to cache: [  fanart  ] for movie: 300
Need to cache: [  poster  ] for movie: 300
Need to cache: [  fanart  ] for movie: 1492: Conquest of Paradise
Need to cache: [  poster  ] for movie: 1492: Conquest of Paradise
Need to cache: [  fanart  ] for movie: 2001: A Space Odyssey
Need to cache: [  poster  ] for movie: 2001: A Space Odyssey
Need to cache: [  fanart  ] for movie: A Beautiful Mind
...and many more! (First 100 items shown)

However the end output table suggests otherwise

bash:
Cache pre-load activity summary for "movies":

|    fanart   |    poster   |  set.fanart |  set.poster |  set.thumb  |    thumb    |    TOTAL    
--------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------
Cached        |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Deleted       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Duplicate     |      11     |      11     |     165     |     165     |      3      |      -      |     355     
Error         |     747     |     748     |      9      |      9      |      -      |      15     |     1528    
Ignored       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Skipped       |      21     |      21     |      5      |      6      |      -      |      -      |      53     
Undefined     |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
================================================================================================================
TOTAL         |     779     |     780     |     179     |     180     |      3      |      15     |     1936    
Download Time | 00:09:31.66 | 00:09:33.06 | 00:00:07.60 | 00:00:07.63 |      -      | 00:00:12.19 | 00:19:27.59

I created the
Code:
.cfg
 file to go with the script and set log level to verbose.

The returned log is here, can anyone help with any pointers? The aim is not to remove my database as I love where I'm at with the 'newly added', 'resume points' etc etc....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
TL;DR

Background
Ages ago I used to use Ember Media Manager to create the files necessary for kodi to scrape locally (nfo's, posters, actors, trailers etc). But with my move to Linux that all trailed off. However over several library moves (kodi -> settings -> media export -> move -> import I'd started to get undesirable behavior in my library. eg. scraping not adding new films, missing info etc. So I decided to try to sort this out.

I'm struggling to get the texture cache info held for my media (specifically movies) correct. I share my video library via mysql, the titles, order, resume points etc all pull through to my other devices but the posters & artworks were a mixed bag some correct, some didn't appear.

I read the kodi wiki on the texture cache and realized I don't have the SQL knowledge to resolve directly with the database, so I deleted the Thumbnails folder and texturecache. But no amount of rescanning, cleaning and updating the library from within kodi got the artwork/posters 'back'.

I read further and came across your tool hoped it could help, while I don't yet have the result I want (recache all info) I think I understand some issues better.

If I'm right the SQL database is pointing to artwork stored locally in the SMB media folders so kodi is told to look there for info to display, it cant as these NFO's & artwork were removed some time ago.........

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

@millhouse as an aside an before I forget, just a huge thank you for taking the time to write something like this, appreciate all you do!

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by littlejeem - 2020-02-26, 00:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17