[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2020-03-25, 20:51)Milhouse Wrote:
(2020-03-25, 12:37)dbrown90 Wrote: Hi Millhouse -
Firstly, thanks so much for this utility - I only discovered it a few months ago but it has already saved me hours of time.
I am having an issue with the particular skin I use (Aura) failing to load some types of fanart from the cache, even when they're present there, meaning that they load a) slowly and b) disappear if the external source is disconnected.
In other words, it's wasting the potential advantages your tool gives via adding all fanart, posters, extrafanart etc to cache.

This is entirely the fault of the skin, and only happens on certain screens, but unfortunately the developer isn't vert active and hasn't answered any of my questions re. to how to fix it (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=348947)
Are you aware of any similar issues with skins not loading from cache like this, and if there's an easy way to fix it?

I'd guess there's little that can be done - extrafanart is often implemented as a skin "hack" and depending on how this is done it may circumvent the texture cache entirely. Since you say the artwork "disappears" when the source is disconnected I suspect this is exactly what the skin is doing (circumventing the texture cache) in which case caching the extra fanart is unlikely to solve the issue. Fixing the skin is the best option (I'm afraid). Or switch to a supported skin. 
Thanks - I feared this was the case! With such minimal development going on by the skin developer at the moment, I'm unlikely to have much luck fixing it in the short term.

In the meantime I might just have to try another skin as you say, which seems a shame as I really like Aura's overall look.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by dbrown90 - 2020-03-29, 11:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17