[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2020-04-11, 01:46)DjDiabolik Wrote: I don't understand.. it's same command for backup and restore ?

Feck, sorry - cut & paste error. Dammit! Smile

Original post updated.

(2020-04-11, 01:46)DjDiabolik Wrote: Otherwise my question it's.... and the watched database it's different for every device attach, in my case, on my raspberry ?
For example... i have the same files on two different pen drive.... i have:
\A.avi
\B.avi
\C.avi
etc etc.
I watched to end from pendrive_1 \A.avi (example first episode of a tvseries). Remove pendrive_1 and attach to my raspberry the pendrive_2. How i already say the pendrive contain the same exact files....... i see the A.avi it's not mark as watched.
At this point I believe the database is different for each possible device...... or not ?

The texturecache.py script is backing up the watched status from your media library (ie. videos you have previously scraped). If however you're watching videos via Files then this script is not going to work for you.

Assuming you are using a media library, then when restoring statuses the script matches on the name and year of the movie, or the show name/season#/episode# of the tvshow, so when restoring watched statuses to a second or third client it doesn't matter where the actual video files reside only that they have the same name etc.

(2020-04-11, 01:46)DjDiabolik Wrote: Another question it's.... usually i use "Videos" section of Estuary to watch video from my pendrive... all files it's categorized as "movies" ?

Yeah... so you're most likely *not* using a media library in which case this script is not going to be of any use to you. Sorry.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2020-04-11, 02:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17