[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2020-06-02, 17:10)Milhouse Wrote:
(2020-06-02, 09:19)peque Wrote:
(2020-06-02, 05:05)Milhouse Wrote: Unfortunately not - this is another of the problems when using remote content. Sad  

This is why fanart.tv requests keeps returning 503 error every now and then:

https://twitter.com/fanartdottv/status/1...6035563520

The question is: could the script be modified somehow to respect this max speed of 3 requests a second? I assumed that 1 thread max could slow down the process... but I see it's not the case. Could it just add a config option to limit requests at 1/second for example?

I see it was an error to delete all my thumbnails... Sad  

I'll have a think, but yes a 1/second limit option seems like the quickest fix. Since every artwork hosting web site is likely to impose different rate limiting rules the ideal would be for the script to be configured with those rules but that isn't likely to happen (at least, I have no intention of implementing that) as it would become a maintenance chore (as rules change etc.). Hopefully the fanart rate limit is only temporary as I imagine that's going to screw up Kodi as well.  

As I said somewhere below that, I found a way to add a second sleep time between requests to your script... but fanart.tv still banned me every few requests. I had to cancel the script and restart it, so I could download artwork again.

You're probably right. It has no much sense to implement site by site rules inside the script. May be you could implement some config options so users can "adapt" script behaviour to each site limitation. "cadence" and "reconnect" options maybe? I don't know. You're the master here. Smile

Thanks a lot for your support.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by peque - 2020-06-03, 10:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17