[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2020-06-03, 09:27)Raytestrak Wrote: Could it be a 'problem' with the clean library part of Kodi then? I'm assuming the vclean parameter calls the default video library cleanup? I just deleted a season of a certain show (the folder is definitely no longer on disk and I don't see the season in Kodi anymore), but in in the path table my database I still see an entry for the path of the deleted season and in the art table I still see antries for the poster of the deleted season and the seasson before that.

Yes, vclean just executes the same video library cleanup process that you would run from the Kodi GUI (the only difference being the script version has control over whether the clean runs "silently" without GUI updates or not).

It seems that the tables you are referring to are those from your MyVideos database (the Textures13.db also has a path table)? If there are artefacts that remain in the MyVideos database after removing a season and running the video cleanup, then you might want to open an issue on the Kodi github where it can be investigated/confirmed as a bug.

(2020-06-03, 09:27)Raytestrak Wrote: Edit: just did a check, I finished season 4 of aanother show. Ran cleanup from with Kodi and pruned my texturecache afterwards. I still see entries to the folder in the path table and art tables. I even see entries for all the episode thumbs of season 3, not for season 4. Artwork for season 3 and 4 were pruned though. Not related to texturecache, but interesting nonetheless.

Yes, the metadata for the tv show would reflect that it no longer has a Season 4 so as far as the texturecache.py script is concerned that season HAS been deleted (and the cached artwork successfully pruned away). The only question is why references to the deleted season path and artwork remain in the video library when in theory this should have been removed (either immediately when removing the season, or eventually following a library clean) - maybe something is broken there.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2020-06-05, 03:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17