[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
EDIT: I just came across the post regarding the sunsetting of the project. Bummer.

Perhaps this is a question for the @Milhouse script god! But if anyone can shine some light, then jump on in!

A little late to the game running Radarr and Sonarr. There's an issue that Radarr has had since Kodiv18 came out. They don't name images correctly according to the Kodi requirements. As such, all you'll see is poster.jpg and fanart.jpg

Aside from that, the NFO files it creates list the images using URLs rather than local paths.

I just ran the test example, texturecache.py jd movies "avatar" and the results showed that the images used remote URLs. I then ran that on the whole movies library, and I am getting a mixed bag of results.

Some are local resources, some are URLs, and some, mostly thumbs, are "image://video@smb...." I'm going on the assumption that the last one means there is no cached thumbnail for that object, and running TC c would correct that (I currently have it running in another SSH, so that might fix that).

The questions I have are;
  1. Is there any way to correct the errors that Radarr is introducing?
  2. Is there a way to correct the metadata in the NFO and Kodi DB, using TC, where it will update with local paths for those images?
  3. Is there anything that you can do to get the Radarr/Sonarr team working with the Kodi team to align their platforms so they work together in harmony? (being the script god you are!)
#3 was a long shot but worth the ask lol Wink

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by AGLyons - 2023-04-29, 15:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17