[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
well i dont know wth all that was about...

-----

@ashlar

i read back and to recap -
  • you recently discovered kodi can do much better quality artwork and you would like kodi to upgrade the artwork in the cache
  • the library has been long running and the urls are not all valid where kodi can load the artwork from its original source

as long as i understand those points correctly i will move forward

• you have now run this 'utility' to manage your cache - whatever this 'utility' is supposed to do
  • now you have artwork missing that kodi cannot retrieve

its going to be quite difficult but not entirely impossible to get this back on track but it will require some doing and its not so much an official method

lets see if we can get something moving, what needs to be done is a 'refresh' per item but that is tedious and very annoying

i intentionally removed the artwork urls in my kodi database, cleared my cache and made kodi reload them so for a quick test this did work but i did not try on a full library

so here's what i suggest -

1. backup the entire kodi userdata folder (!)
  2. perform step 1 again (or not, just reiterating its importance)
  3. rename (dont delete) the "Thumbnails" folder -> Thumbnails.old or some such
  4. rename (dont delete) the Textures.db file
  5. open kodi, change the source's content to None
  6. when it asks to remove from library SAY NO
  7. change the content back to what it was before
  8. when it asks to rescan the content SAY YES

this should refresh your content with new artwork urls, without obliterating the database, without individual refresh per item

put your desired artwork level into the advancedsettings.xml before the refresh so you get the higher quality artwork

as it is not any sort of official method, even though i expect it to work, it is a risk so if it goes awry restore the backup

-----

in the future, if kodi has good urls for artwork, all that is needed is you change the artwork level, delete Thumbnails and then delete Textures.db - kodi will reload good artwork the next time you browse the section

and you can forget this 'utility' here that i dont understand the purpose of

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by izprtxqkft - 2023-06-21, 09:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17