[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2023-06-21, 10:03)ashlar Wrote: First of all, thank you for looking into this. I confirm you interpreted the scenario correctly. You decribed the situation correctly.

youre welcome

(2023-06-21, 10:03)ashlar Wrote: I had done a full userdata backup before using the tool. So I am currently with a fully populated database (but with lower res artwork and artwork cached using the old scaling algorithm). Meaning, basically, I can start from scratch, as if this tool hadn't ever been used on my db.

right on

(2023-06-21, 10:03)ashlar Wrote: Now, I've read the quoted procedure and I'm not sure I understand how it would differ from a full rescan. The only thing I can think of is that, by following it, I will end up with Kodi not rescraping the "text based" metadata but just the artwork material which I have removed by renaming the texture db (where URLs are saved) and thumbs folder (whose content is the actual cached artworks, right?).

Is my interpretation correct? I will test this. Thanks a lot, once more, for trying to help.

what it should do is technically a full rescan but avoiding removing from the database first should prevent the removal of non-scraper data such as watch status, play count, last played and those things that dont come from a scraper

so it should overwrite all the scraper retrieved data with fresh data

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by izprtxqkft - 2023-06-21, 16:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17