Win Network buffering from NAS using NFS?
(2013-03-08, 03:22)bimme Wrote: set xbmc to use network share (SMB)....
u can map the drive to ur htpc if u want, but i wouldnt try to set xbmc to the mapped (local) drive, cause i don´t know if the right buffer size is applied this way... but it could work too, haven´t tried...
Many users in here preferred setting up all their local and network files using SMB, but I preferred keeping local as local and network as SMB....it seems to work as advertised....Nod
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2013-03-08, 03:22)bimme Wrote: ..but i wouldnt try to set xbmc to the mapped (local) drive, cause i don´t know if the right buffer size is applied this way... but it could work too, haven´t tried...

So, you would prefer to NOT to use OperatingSystem's MappedDrive (not to even have it), but to use smb://user:pass@srv/folder in the Sources.xml? With this way, does the network caching mechanism work?
Like bluray said, keeping local as local, and network as smb seems to work without problems.
U can of course Map ur shared drive to ur htpc if want fast One click access to the Drive to copy and paste things for example. But u should Point xbmc to use a smb share even if u can See the mapped drive as a local one. I dont really know about the caching mechanism, but i know that it work without a problem if u do like we said Wink
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
alright. I'll try using smb:// approach again and test if "Alien.iso" DB plays without any hickups. Thanx to all of you for helping. Smile

Odd... using Smb:// did not work... still some buffering from time to time... have to investigate
You can try these too- post #10.....
I'm still investigating.. Is is possible that when the movies consists of only one .m2ts inside the .iso image, streaming works. Alien had like 20 parts of .m2ts files inside..
(2013-03-09, 19:40)realjobe Wrote: I'm still investigating.. Is is possible that when the movies consists of only one .m2ts inside the .iso image, streaming works. Alien had like 20 parts of .m2ts files inside..
That is not the case....all my blu-ray ISO contains many M2TS files, and some of my blu-ray files are nearly 50gb. I can playback the same blu-ray movie on multiple HTPC's over wired network without buffering issue....
Strange... I just tested Alien movie and just before the .m2ts file is about to change (31 parts), runtime clock pauses for 7 seconds, seconds later movie buffers for 2 seconds and continunes. Runtime clock jumps back to real state.. Many other movies with several m2ts files does the same..

I extraced the m2ts file from the image and played it with media player. The problem really lies with the file change.
Could this be "bad ripping" of the file?

This is odd thing... The PC running XBMC is cabable of 45Mbytes/sec file transfer to/from NAS...

EDIT: there is something wrong with Frodo Final for Windows in this issue.. "XBMCSetup-20130308-b8ee9c6" played the file shift part better, no buffering. Though the clock was swining back & forth is 1 sec margins for the time being, and the actual filechange part "fast forwarded" a bit in video. Audio was not efected..

Trac http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14172
Have u tried to play the Same iso from a local Drive, just to rule out ur network connection ?
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
Yes. I copied the file to local storage and the same buffering and elapsed time stand-still happens. Buffering is now only 1 sec.
(2013-03-10, 17:30)realjobe Wrote: Yes. I copied the file to local storage and the same buffering and elapsed time stand-still happens. Buffering is now only 1 sec.
If it happens the same on local drive, it might be wrong video and audio configurations in Frodo then. I'm not sure how you connected your HTPC to HDTV. I laid out several scenarios and some tips in this thread- Simplify XBMC configurations......
I think this is besides the issue on how I have connected my settings. Zotac has HDMI to TV and audio is SPDIF to amplifier, using DirectSound as instructed. DVD .iso moves and other BlueRay dumps (with only few/one m2ts files inside) work perfectly.
(2013-03-11, 09:50)realjobe Wrote: I think this is besides the issue on how I have connected my settings. Zotac has HDMI to TV and audio is SPDIF to amplifier, using DirectSound as instructed. DVD .iso moves and other BlueRay dumps (with only few/one m2ts files inside) work perfectly.
You might want to verify audio codec using MediaInfo.....you can try to un-check DTS-HD/TrueHD receiver capability options when playback movies with these audio codecs to see if it cure buffering issue.....
(2013-03-11, 16:31)bluray Wrote: You might want to verify audio codec using MediaInfo.....you can try to un-check DTS-HD/TrueHD receiver capability options when playback movies with these audio codecs to see if it cure buffering issue.....

Well, this is besides the issue again. Despite the audio-codec used, all of my other blueray movies with only one m2ts videofile inside does not buffer at all and 90% of them have DTS-HD masteraudio.
I think the Problem is only present when the Files are in an iso container... The only isos i have are 1:1 rips of bd3d, so i cant Test..

I can think of 2 workarounds:
-remux the problematic isos to mkv
-use tsmuxxer to add all m2ts to One big m2ts
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network buffering from NAS using NFS?0