Win [Solved] XBMC not able to show my anime
Heya everyone,

Very new to XBMC and been trying to make it work for the past week and after trying to find every little bit of information on multiple websites I can't seem to figure out how to make my anime show in my TV Shows section of my XBMC.

I've tried at least 8 type of different naming/directory listing/source and scrappers and it just doesn't work however I try.

Scrappers that I've tried for my anime are TheTVDB and AniDB which I read are the best for anime.

When I add the source I select my main Anime folder which contains sub-folders with the name of the anime. I add the following as the source: F:\Documents and Settings\*Username*\My Documents\Anime

And my directory structure looks like this: F:\Documents and Settings\*Username*\My Documents\Anime\Digimon Adventure

Here's a picture with the last naming format I've tried using but to no avail.....

Please if I am missing something I would love to have pointers as currently, I am pretty lost and wish for this to work.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Did you go to the thetvdb.com website to search for this show to see how the series is named and how the episodes are numbered? That's key to discovering how you should name your show's folder and the individual episode files.

The show "Digimon Adventure" is listed there, but there are no episodes, so that explains why nothing was added to your library. However, looking at the listing for "Digimon: Digital Monsters", I see there are 54 episodes for season 1, which seems to match what you show in your screenshot above, so I'm assuming this is the same show? If so, change your folder name from "Digimon Adventure" to "Digimon Digital Monsters" and see if the show and episodes now scrape correctly.
Thanks for the quick answer artrafael.

I just renamed the folder as you mentionned and it did scrape correctly. Now I just need to do that with all my anime correct?
Yes, you need to verify on the website how a given show and its episodes are named and numbered so you can adapt your folder/file names accordingly to help ensure the show and its episodes get added to your library.
Please change the title to include [Solved] if this has been resolved.
I'm kind of lost here. THE TVDB shows "Another" with the following:
I tried everything
Anime/Another/S01E01
Anime/Another/Season 1/S01E01
Anime/Another/Season 1/1 - "Name of the episode"
Anime/Another/Season 1/S01E01 - Name of the episode

Unfortunately, nothing seems to work and I don't know what to do. I'd really appreciate your help.

Edit: The only thing XBMC shows is something related to "Straight Title Robot Anime"
Is your "Anime" folder set as a separate source in your folder structure or is it part of a larger folder system?

Generally, I've found that the TV scraper works best when you have the "root" set as the source and the "series name" as the sub-folder. For example, on my WHS system, I have a share called "Recorded TV", in which I have a show folder. From ther,e I go to the season folder and then individual episodes. i.e. \\Recorded TV\The Walking Dead\Season XX\SxxExx - Episode Title.mkv[/b]

You should always try to use two digits for seasons, as well.

If that doesn't work, you may want to consider using a separate scraper like Ember Media Manager to have more control over your collection and it can generate NFOs and movie art for you as well, so XBMC doesn't need to do the work, just refreshing the library will update the collection.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] XBMC not able to show my anime0