XBMC Skining program Update.
so far it is 1.24mb uncompressed. since i use delphi you can just release the exe file. no need for any extra dlls, .net ect... there will be a ref. file with images for those that don't have the pm3 png files. these ref. images will be basic squares with text so you know what you are looking at.
very nice!

i foresee a ton of new skins being built after this releases!

is there a "snap to grid" control for the preview (drag-n-drop) window? helps to align images and such.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
not a snap to grid, but it shows the posx,posy as you move it so you could just align one side to a set number and then the other would be spacing, keep the same for other items.
looking forward to this just for the use of making a few changes to the default skin videocovers etc... without having to work out manual co-ords Smile

thanks
jim,
when i try running your app the error says i need the qtintf70.dll

i think this is because you're compiling it with the option to use shared libraries.

possible solutions:
a) recompile and tell it to link all into the exe directly. to do this, go to project --> options --> packages tab and uncheck the build with runtime packages checkbox. then rebuild your project (project --> build). the exe will be a bit larger, but it'll contain everything that is needed and there's no need to deploy the dll as well.

this is from delphi 6, so the above instructions may vary slightly for delphi 7.

b) if you do not actually need to use the qt in your program (which would be nice) just remove that entry from the "uses" field at the top of the form's code and re-build/recompile it. it won't need that file anymore.

thanks for working on this app!

i played with it a bit... working pretty well so far. a few questions...

a) are you going to support xboxmediacenter.xml? when i try to load it it says it cannot find references.xml. maybe it needs a setting for that path as well? it should know where to find it (in the pal, pal16x9, etc)

b) are you planning to support textures.xpr?

c) are you going to tie control types to the properties so only the properties that are relevant to that control type are avail on the window when editing? not vital but would be nice.

cannot wait to see where this goes!

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
just wanted to say thank you! this app will help alot of people making adjustments to their skins and creating new skins.

can't wait to get this program into my grabby lil' hands :bowdown:
one small cosmetic bug. in the settings window you forgot to change the title from "form2" to settings.

keep it up.. i'll have to take a better look when time permitts. looks like a great tool to ease up skin making.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
affini:
the reference was in the pngimage.pas i was using, i tracked it down and it is gone for now.

as for the references file, this needs to be loaded with every skin xml to get all the settings xbmc will see. i could set it up to edit the other xml files once i get this version stable.

yes soon the only options you will see will be the ones for the selected control. as this is just a cosmetic thing and has alot of coding and research to complete it is not a priority. but will be done.

the latest ver has tons of updates and many fixed bugs.

if you use the current version please remember it is not stable and an early beta. i would not put any xml files edited with this ver. on your xbox. i released it just to find some obvious bugs i might have overlooked. just get used to how things work and mess with the preview Smile

the next ver is due out wed. night around 8-9pm central.
(jimk72 @ nov. 08 2005,04:33 Wrote:affini:
if you use the current version please remember it is not stable and an early beta. i would not put any xml files edited with this ver. on your xbox. i released it just to find some obvious bugs i might have overlooked. just get used to how things work and mess with the preview Smile

the next ver is due out wed. night around 8-9pm central.
i am wondering where to download any version of this app? sounds to me like there is a beta already available - but where am i able to grab it ?!

best regards
you can download the app here:

http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/~xbox....ner.rar

(the infos available in xbox-scene.com news)
Acer Revo R3700, XBMC Darma on Windows 7 - Xbox with X3, X3CP & X3IR, XBMC as dash, Xbox v1.4, Vantec 80mm Stealth Fan Mod
(opearmain @ nov. 08 2005,14:30 Wrote:you can download the app here:

http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/~xbox....ner.rar

(the infos available in xbox-scene.com news)
ahhh thanks alot! gonna try it tonight - kewl :kickass: :bowdown:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Skining program Update.0