Season 2,3,4,etc. not finding on TheTVDB
Dear all,

I have a problem with synchronising the TheTVDB with my TV-series files.

Info about season 1 in every series can be found, but it won't find any other info about seasons higher than season 1.

I'm sure I have the right filenames, just like this:

TV Shows <<Source folder, Content: TV shows>>
|----TV Show 1
| |----Season #
| |--Files

I tried it with all these different patterns:
name.s01e02.ext
name.s1e2.ext
name.s01.e02.ext
name.s01_e02.ext
name.1x02.ext
name.102.ext

The strange thing is, season 1 can be found, other seasons not. The patterns of the filenaming of season 1 and season 2,3,4, etc. is exactly the same. I only changed the s01 into s02,s03 etc.

I tried it several times, deleting from the libary, adding again, refreshing but still only season 1 can be found. It's really frustrating.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Check the Troubleshooting part of the wiki page.

This sounds like an example of this part:
Quote:Some files refuse to be added
Another possibility is that this is actually a case of the scraper picking the wrong TV show (the problem may be masked by the use of local artwork or lack of online artwork, although episode titles and plots should be a giveaway). In this situation even correctly named files will not get added if they lie outside the numbering of the incorrect show.
That's not the case unfortunately... I have series as Breaking Bad, Californication, Game of Thrones etc. That couldn't be picked wrong.
Yeah sorry, I missed the part where you said it affected every series.

The more likely scenario is that you enabled the Absolute order setting in the scraper settings. With that on every episode will be treated as part of a single season, so anything labelled as a higher season will be ignored.

To fix, highlight your source folder in file view, select Change content from the context menu, and change the content to "None", press OK and let XBMC remove everything from the library (this will force a full refresh, watched status will not be affected). Then repeat, changing the content back to TV shows, but click on the settings and make sure Absolute order is not on.
Thanks you so much scudlee, it worked!
Impressive troubleshooting, scudlee. I would have never caught that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Season 2,3,4,etc. not finding on TheTVDB0