TV Show NFO files not working with stub files
I've posted that I have alot of TV specials on DVD that the scaper did not find, even though they are in IMDB, etc, etc.

So I tried to build nfo files for these.

I have a share called 'TVSHOWS'
In there I put a folder 'Frosty Returns'
In there a file: Frosty Returns.s01e01.dvd.disc
and and nfo, so it looks like this:

Code:
TVSHOWS
     Frosty Returns
       Season 01
          Frosty Returns.s01e01.dvd.disc
          Frosty Returns.s01e01.dvd.nfo

The nfo format is from the wiki, and contains:
Code:
<episodedetails>
    <title>Frosty Returns</title>
    <season>1</season>
    <episode>1</episode>
    <rating>3.000</rating>
    <plot>The continuing exploits of the famous snowman as he goes up against a more powerful force which threatens all of Christmas. </plot>
        <tagline></tagline>
        <runtime>34</runtime> //runtime in minutes
        <playcount>0</playcount>  <!-- setting this to > 0 will mark the movie as watched if the "importwatchedstate" flag is set in advancedsettings.xml -->
        <trailer></trailer>
        <genre>Animation, Musical</genre>
        <credits></credits>
    <id>tt0106973</id>
    <premiered>1992</premiered>
        <director>Evert Brown</director>
        <actor>
            <name>Jonathan Winters</name>
            <role>Frosty</role>
        </actor>
</episodedetails>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106973/

Is is ignored by the scraper. I try to 'scan for new content', and it doesn't load this.

I cannot see what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help
Phil[/code]
Since the TV show isn't available on TVDB, you need to define both the show and episode via respective nfo files. You already have an episode file (Frosty Returns.s01e01.dvd.nfo); you just need to add a tvshow.nfo (literal spelling) to your "Frosty Returns" folder to define the show. Since this is a single episode show (i.e., special), you can just do the following:
  1. Copy Frosty Returns.s01e01.dvd.nfo to tvshow.nfo and place the latter in the "Frosty Returns" folder.
  2. Edit tvshow.nfo and change the "episodedetails" start and end tags to "tvshow", since this file provides information regarding the show rather than the episode. You can probably remove some extraneous entries (such as season and episode) that don't apply at the TV show level, but I don't think it hurts to just leave them in there.
  3. Rescan your library.
OR:
Call your folder "Frosty The Snowman" and put S00E04 into the file name (and don't bother with .nfo files).
(2013-03-18, 00:04)scudlee Wrote: OR:
Call your folder "Frosty The Snowman" and put S00E04 into the file name (and don't bother with .nfo files).

Much simpler! Little did I know this was one in a series of "Frosty" specials over several decades. Smile
(2013-03-18, 00:04)scudlee Wrote: OR:

Well, that is cool. I read that about S00 names, I just used a pgm that goes to thetvdb and sure enough, Frsoty Returns is S00e04

Thast fixes that one, but I have at least 100 that do not match, so I will automate and build NFO files

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show NFO files not working with stub files0