Bug XBMC 12.1 + Win7 = Crash
Sweet and solid for the future
So what's the fix for this and how do we go about restoring it? sorry if newb question not good on the technical side of things for XBMC
(2013-03-20, 22:27)Drknz Wrote: So what's the fix for this and how do we go about restoring it? sorry if newb question not good on the technical side of things for XBMC

Nothing else than sitting and wait. By now repo is restored so if all is well you should not experience this anymore.

You could also remove Addons15.db from your userdata folder and reboot
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Quote:Nothing else than sitting and wait. By now repo is restored so if all is well you should not experience this anymore.

Thanks for a quick and painless solution!
(2013-03-20, 22:34)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-03-20, 22:27)Drknz Wrote: So what's the fix for this and how do we go about restoring it? sorry if newb question not good on the technical side of things for XBMC

Nothing else than sitting and wait. By now repo is restored so if all is well you should not experience this anymore.

You could also remove Addons15.db from your userdata folder and reboot

Thank you, the wife has release my testicles Wink
Awesome, I'll test out my setup tonight.

Thanks for the prompt support!
I'll be the first to say I'm not fluent with everything that occurs while XBMC is running, but from my W8 x64 machine running XBMC w/ mysql & NPVR backend I've had a lot of "uptime"

Essentially it's been up since the stable release with the exception of software installation reboots

I started getting the exact same crashes this week, but I've not upgraded to 12.1 and I've not modified XBMC with addons or otherwise

I'm not sure why an circular dependency in an addon.db would begin causing my system to crash XBMC this week

I had actually assumed it was the result of this Windows update since the problem hasn't persisted past the "reboot to finish installing windows updates" LINK.
(2013-03-21, 00:13)Dark_Slayer Wrote: I'm not sure why an circular dependency in an addon.db would begin causing my system to crash XBMC this week
To clarify:

The circular dependancy was not on your system but in the official repository.
This means that many XBMC systems (not just version 12.1) when checking for updated and broken addons, would get into a infinite loop once they got to these addons - causing some systems to crash. As far as I know it doesn't matter if you had the addons installed or not.

Actions that have now been taken to resolve this:
1) The official repository has been modified serverside (the circular dependancy was removed) so that the issue does not happen to current XBMC installations.
2) The sourcecode of XBMC has been modified to resolve circular dependancies. Future versions of XBMC will not be open to this issue, if it ever would happen again.

Although technically the current XBMC installations are still susceptible to this issue, I am sure that the official repository maintainers will keep a sharp eye out for circular references. They might even implement server-side checks.

Martijn, if I did not explain this correctly feel free to correct me!
My crashing started this week on Windows 8 64x. I thought I somehow managed to bugger up my install and re installed everything last night. Running xbmc in xp compability mode seems to have minimized the crashes. However, it still crashes on exit.
(2013-03-21, 13:30)Kibje Wrote: The circular dependancy was not on your system but in the official repository.
This means that many XBMC systems (not just version 12.1) when checking for updated and broken addons, would get into a infinite loop once they got to these addons - causing some systems to crash. As far as I know it doesn't matter if you had the addons installed or not.

Thanks, appreciate the clarification

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12.1 + Win7 = Crash0