[SOLVED] MySQL library update question
I think I've almost got this but not quite.

Running MySQL on my networked Unraid server and it seems to be working properly. Running Frodo 12.0 on my Win7 HTPC and Frodo 12.0 on ATV2. Here is the order of what I did.

1) copy advancedsettings.xml to my ATV2
2) added sources for MOVIES and TV but did not scrape
3) restarted ATV2
4) manually started the library update
5) after several hours it finished and everything seemed to work
6) copy advancedsettings.xml to my Win7
7) added sources for MOVIES and TV but did not scrape (paths are identical to ATV2)
8) restarted Win7
9) library (including watched status) is available and plays on both machines

So i'm super happy. When I update the library on my ATV2, the updates show up on my Win7 machine including watched status, recently added etc.

Problem: When I update the library from my Win7 machine, it starts to populate everything twice.

Question: am I stuck having to use one machine, in this case the ATV2, to always do the library updates? Is this a limitation of the setup or did I miss a step? I'm not clear on whether I have to specify paths in a sources.xml file or maybe centrally share the userdata folder among all my client machines?

I've read the wiki and some article in different forums and still can't wrap my head around it. Any push in the right direction is much appreciated.
from a posted question earlier i asked , the answer i got was :you dont need to have the sources xml on the computers that dont do updates
or adding files... like the Atv

currently my desktop does all the work , and the atv , and the ipad get the new content instantly
it could be apple's hidden files (apple double) that is at fault here, i found that if i turn off show hidden files and directories under appearance/file lists in settings, that the windows machine will then ignore those files and scan things only once.
So I should only be using one machine to do the updates? For example, if I update MySQL the first time using my Win7 HTPC, I should only ever update using that machine and never with my ATV2?
In theory, it shouldn't matter what machine you update on, even if that machine doesn't have the same sources.xml. Having sources.xml just helps with some maintenance situations and syncing file view.

The actual source path for library updates now lives in the video DB, not sources.xml. It was only "staged" in sources.xml, but got copied to the video DB when it got "content set" (more or less). If you are getting duplicates, it should be happening no matter what machine is doing the update.

Can you get us a debug log (wiki) from the Win7 HTPC doing an update and a debug log from the ATV2 doing a library update?
Debug log from ATV2 doing an update: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6282
Debug log from Win7 HTPC doing an update: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6283

I cut short the Win7 HTPC because I have a huge library and didn't want too many dual entries although I suspect when I get this figured out I will redo everything from scratch. I think that most of the errors in the ATV2 starting at line 221 are there because of the Win7 HTPC problem the night before.

Thanks.
Okay, I see the problem. You have two source paths in the library, one local and one network. The reason the ATV2 doesn't make duplicate entries is because those local paths only work on the PC.

On the PC, add back the local source drive Y, then remove it. XBMC will ask if you want to update the library files that use that path, say yes. That should hopefully clear out that local source path.
Sweet!! That did it. For some strange reason I had the ATV2 set up with SMB paths and the Win7 HTPC with mapped drives so it did not treat them as the same path. I'm an idiot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] MySQL library update question0