Changing ftpuser / Keep DB
Hello,

Ive tried endless hours trying to get this to work and havent been able to do it. Using XBMC Frodo.

I have a couple of devices connecting via FTP to a server with video files using 2 different usernames for login.

I want to make a clone of one device which has everything scanned into the database, the clone must use a second ftp username as source.

Example of sources.xml

<source>
<name>Remote files</name>
<path pathversion="1">ftp://user1:[email protected]:21/</path>
</source>

Second device has lets say user2:user2pass in the sources.xml

I have copied the myvideos75.db and textures13.db and edited using sqlite with the instructions from this location: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=How...base-files

I also added a couple of UPDATE commands that were missing so that every mention of user1:user1pass is changed to user2:user2pass in the databases

HOWEVER, when i start XBMC, the library has all the info and thumbnails displayed but they are not linked to the files. I go into difrectly into files and click context menu on for example the Movies folder and it asks me to set the content instead of having it already set and every movie scanned. Getting into file mode shows the files as ig not scanned into db.

Can anyone help me with what I am missing. Its not a db corruption issue because when i change back the user2 to user1 in the db files I edited everything works again as expected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing ftpuser / Keep DB0