• 60(current)
CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod
Couple of the skin settings, actually my pet peeve is the volume buttons on the floor. they're ok in the OSD type menus, but not the floor.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Anyone want to help check for bugs? - Big possibility of breaking stuff with big C&P changes. Ported some stuff back from hybrid.dev

GitHub updated to include
  • Updated language files from Transifex
  • Added LiveTV Menu Items
  • Added Option to Wrap Home Menu
  • Added option to Disable DVD Drive Menu option
  • Added Live Content to Playlists

(2014-01-06, 12:58)vipersvcd Wrote: Sorry , I wrote this as I thought each skin has its own support ,

I wrote this in all as I have tested them all and all act the same way , maybe because they are based in the Confluence ,
Please not eI testes also other skins , the most popular ones not confluence and it also was the same , but I did not like them so I went back to confluence .

@ vipersvcd: What I did to solve this problem is to change the color of the button names. Just modify the guisettings XML with whatever color you like. I find that yellow works fairly well, but you can try anything. You can find a list of color in your program files for XBMC (mine is CTonguerogram Files(x86)/XBMC/system, there is a colors XML). For Example : ...Label">[COLOR "equals" ffffd700]Weather[/COLOR]</setting> ((replace "equals" with =)) in the label for weather will turn "Weather" yellow. This also works for sub menu and addon names.

(2014-01-18, 12:26)Mudislander Wrote: Sure Big Grin - What also would be useful is what can be removed 'cause it's a load of rubbish - I have a few ideas on his one.

One thing I can't do which some users have requested is change to Gotham stuff eg update library button & subtitle stuff. This is a Frodo Mod.

Are you saying this skin will not be supported when a final version of Gotham comes out?

Through a little light reading of the Hybrid thread I see that you're working on that and a version 2 of Hybrid. If this skin will not be supported, I may end up switching to Hybrid 1 or 2 sometime soon, just to start getting the feel for them.

I have a couple of questions comparing CCM and Hybrid:

1 Can I add .strm files to the main screen in Hybrid like I can in CCM.
2 Is Hybrid as customizeable as CCM? (can you change home menu button functions, submenu button functions, set backgronds for each button, etc?)
3 Is Hybrid 2 going to be your main focus in the future?

Any advice would be appreciated.
(2014-01-18, 12:57)Mudislander Wrote: Couple of the skin settings, actually my pet peeve is the volume buttons on the floor. they're ok in the OSD type menus, but not the floor.

ok, but they are really useful for touchscreen devices / tablets, when audio or video is playing in the background and you are browsing other parts of XBMC Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2014-01-18, 18:05)blasty Wrote: Are you saying this skin will not be supported when a final version of Gotham comes out?

Through a little light reading of the Hybrid thread I see that you're working on that and a version 2 of Hybrid. If this skin will not be supported, I may end up switching to Hybrid 1 or 2 sometime soon, just to start getting the feel for them.

I have a couple of questions comparing CCM and Hybrid:

1 Can I add .strm files to the main screen in Hybrid like I can in CCM.
2 Is Hybrid as customizeable as CCM? (can you change home menu button functions, submenu button functions, set backgronds for each button, etc?)

Any advice would be appreciated.

1 Can I add .strm files to the main screen in Hybrid like I can in CCM. - Yes
2 Is Hybrid as customizeable as CCM? (can you change home menu button functions, submenu button functions, set backgronds for each button, etc?) - Yes

TBH I'm not sure, A week or so back I'd have said definitely as Hybrid is labelled as a skin and not a Mod and therefore can go places in XBMC that CCM cannot. I don't really have anyway of accurately discovering the popularity of the two, but CCM is the only skin type addon in Superrepo's top 100 and Hybrid results are dismal. A lot would be down to the fact that CCM is a mod of Confluence the default skin.

On a personal level there is stuff in CCM that I prefer to Hybrid, but cannot take across as it is too close to Confluence. CCM was originally done as a "proof of concept" for the menu system for Hybrid and was not supposed to get so popular.

So - Undecided Big Grin ATM Hybrid v2 in the XBMC development repo is my only addon working with Gotham.

(2014-01-18, 18:11)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2014-01-18, 12:57)Mudislander Wrote: Couple of the skin settings, actually my pet peeve is the volume buttons on the floor. they're ok in the OSD type menus, but not the floor.

ok, but they are really useful for touchscreen devices / tablets, when audio or video is playing in the background and you are browsing other parts of XBMC Nod

Well as long as they are used, I suppose they can stay. The unfortunate downfall of trying to please a lot of different users is that you end up with something that you wouldn't have done for yourself and then your interest fades.

(2014-01-19, 09:01)Mudislander Wrote:
(2014-01-18, 18:11)jmh2002 Wrote:

Well as long as they are used, I suppose they can stay. The unfortunate downfall of trying to please a lot of different users is that you end up with something that you wouldn't have done for yourself and then your interest fades.

I understand you, but I would perhaps mention that touchscreen devices / tablets are hugely popular, and often people like to run less demanding skins on them - just like your CCM Wink

I suppose a possibility would be to have a switch for the volume buttons, to clean up the HomeScreen for those who arent using a touchscreen, but I guess that requires even more code again...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Quote:TBH I'm not sure, A week or so back I'd have said definitely as Hybrid is labelled as a skin and not a Mod and therefore can go places in XBMC that CCM cannot. I don't really have anyway of accurately discovering the popularity of the two, but CCM is the only skin type addon in Superrepo's top 100 and Hybrid results are dismal. A lot would be down to the fact that CCM is a mod of Confluence the default skin.

On a personal level there is stuff in CCM that I prefer to Hybrid, but cannot take across as it is too close to Confluence. CCM was originally done as a "proof of concept" for the menu system for Hybrid and was not supposed to get so popular.

So - Undecided Big Grin ATM Hybrid v2 in the XBMC development repo is my only addon working with Gotham.
For me I have a pi so the skin can't be too heavy cos it slows it down.
CCM has some of the bells and whistles without slowing it down too much.
Hybrid just doesn't work for me as it runs so slow.
I hope there's a future for CCM.
Interesting, is that the Hybrid version included on the XBMC repo ?

Yes. But I'm thinking I'm probably due a fresh install so that won't help things. Also have nfs install. Thinking of going back to usb for better speed.
Confluence Modified appears to be missing a "Songs" sub-menu for Music? "Albums", "Artists", etc, are all there but there is no "Songs"?
(2014-01-18, 14:37)Mudislander Wrote: Anyone want to help check for bugs? - Big possibility of breaking stuff with big C&P changes. Ported some stuff back from hybrid.dev

GitHub updated to include
  • Updated language files from Transifex
  • Added LiveTV Menu Items
  • Added Option to Wrap Home Menu
  • Added option to Disable DVD Drive Menu option
  • Added Live Content to Playlists

Have updated your skin on my system with the changes you've made. All seems to be working well on my windows 7 system. Thanks for the updates, especially the TV options. Now if I could only convince you to add 5 more shortcuts to the homescreen, life would be perfect. Smile
(2014-01-19, 17:13)floatingcloud Wrote: Confluence Modified appears to be missing a "Songs" sub-menu for Music? "Albums", "Artists", etc, are all there but there is no "Songs"?

I love guys who double post, if it's a mistaken post take the time to edit it & say it was a mistake. If not why would I care that "Confluence Modified" doesn't have a songs submenu ?

(2014-01-19, 23:14)jcorsaut Wrote: Have updated your skin on my system with the changes you've made. All seems to be working well on my windows 7 system. Thanks for the updates, especially the TV options. Now if I could only convince you to add 5 more shortcuts to the homescreen, life would be perfect. Smile

No promises, but I'll at least take another look.

(2014-01-20, 09:49)Mudislander Wrote: [quote='floatingcloud' pid='1604624' dateline='1390144390']
Confluence Modified appears to be missing a "Songs" sub-menu for Music? "Albums", "Artists", etc, are all there but there is no "Songs"?

I love guys who double post, if it's a mistaken post take the time to edit it & say it was a mistake. If not why would I care that "Confluence Modified" doesn't have a songs submenu ?

Different threads - at the time I thought they were the same and when the post didn't show up in the other window, re-posted. Now I'm left wondering which is the right place for my post/question?

Why would you care that "Confluence Modified" doesn't have a "Songs" sub-menu for "Music"?

Well it has just about everything else.

But I suppose what you're looking for is the user experience...

Because it is easier to browse a list of "0-9A-Z" music titles than it is to search and get the same results or a partial set thereof.
This thread is for CCM - Confluence Modified is over here

A question for the Wall View in CCM - How can I easily tweak the videonav xml to adjust the icon brightest up for the non-focused items?
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod11