• 15(current)
CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod
(2013-06-18, 14:42)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2013-06-18, 09:41)jmh2002 Wrote: I had already upgraded to 1.1.3 (via zip file) and took the 1.1.4 upgrade this morning. For me all I needed to do was set backgrounds back to global, and disable the raindrop effect in settings. Everything else is all ok Smile

Maybe jumping directly from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 breaks something?

Maybe I spoke too soon. Unfortunately 1.1.4 seems to be problematic on my iPad 1 - When playing streaming video Ram is just steadily eaten away until xbmc closes... Sad

Rolling back to 1.1.3 solves the problem for the most part.

I've been streaming Radio 105 all day with no problems, might be worthwhile asking in your specific hardware section, maybe someone has similar problem/fix
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Been playing with recent episodes today. Does this look better than thumbnails - In other words is there any reason to keep the Episode thumbnail option ?

It looks nice, but I like the episode thumbnail option so that it's easy to "visually" distinguish between episodes too Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
i also like it however when i originally requested an alternative i mentioned logos not only because that was the first alternative to ep thumbnails i could think of but also because sometimes fanart does not include the show name on them so if this is using the fanart that is used when viewing the shows in the TV Shows Section most of my ones don't have the title as well as the picture of the cast or whatever

so unless this sources the files from somewhere with both a fanart with an included title is on each one this may be a little confusing with trying to work out which show it is judging just from a picture

however not a real big difference as you still have the show title and episode underneath the picture

so not really fussed either way if you want to go with as above or a straight logo ultimately your decision as it is your mod Smile

BTW thanks for looking into that favourites menu shortcut a few posts back
Fair enough - I'll keep thumbnail option in Big Grin

Actually have also fixed the bug that the widget didn't listen to the skin.widget plugin re watched episodes etc.

The above screenie actually shows the TVShow logo on top of TVShow Fanart - works on my system

I think the above screenshot looks great, are you going to include it in the mod?

Changing the text size in settings - appearance has made the synopsis just about readable and made the submenu text on the home screen more user-friendly too.

I would prefer it even larger but that's just being picky i think Big Grin

I have another question/issue - i get a black screen when i come out of standby - when i use the power off button on my android remote my machine goes in a kind of standby. so when i come back and press the power button again to turn it back on, it doesn't need to boot all over again. this works great on confluence, but on your mod i am left with an entirely black screen. if i press alt-tab and choose xbmc then the screen refreshes and its fine again.

or i can press home and click the xbmc app again and the xbmc re-appears.

just wondered if you had any ideas what the difference could be between the two skins that could be causing this.

not sure if a log would help or if i should try some other skins to see if its a widespread problem?

(ive been mucking about for hours last night trying to find a way of having a keyboard button that does alt-tab or any kind of refresh of xbmc. would a "skin refresh" work? im sure i read it was possible to have a skin refresh in your keyboard.xml)
one more Big Grin - anyway to make the mouse cursor dissapear?

using an android box and the mouse cursor is a big green thing.

my remote is the mele f10 and its a funny one because the central button in the middle of the direction pad doesnt sent enter/select like it should. it sends a mouse left click instead which is annoying.

even when i disable mouse support in xbmc settings i stil have the cursor on-screen.

so my plan was to setup my keyboard.xml to tell xbmc to interpret the mouse leftclick as enter/select. im sur ethat wil work fine but i'll still have the mouse cursor waving about the screen annoyingly.

i saw this post about deleting the reference to pointer-focus.png in the pointer.xml in the skin settings but that didn't work - i still have the android pointer on my screen Sad

how can i just make the pointer dissappear? any thoughts?
(2013-06-19, 17:01)Mudislander Wrote:
(2013-06-18, 14:42)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2013-06-18, 09:41)jmh2002 Wrote: I had already upgraded to 1.1.3 (via zip file) and took the 1.1.4 upgrade this morning. For me all I needed to do was set backgrounds back to global, and disable the raindrop effect in settings. Everything else is all ok Smile

Maybe jumping directly from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 breaks something?

Maybe I spoke too soon. Unfortunately 1.1.4 seems to be problematic on my iPad 1 - When playing streaming video Ram is just steadily eaten away until xbmc closes... Sad

Rolling back to 1.1.3 solves the problem for the most part.

I've been streaming Radio 105 all day with no problems, might be worthwhile asking in your specific hardware section, maybe someone has similar problem/fix

Radio I can stream fine, it's streaming video that causes the ram problem. This issue occurred immediately after upgrading to 1.1.4 - as I mentioned, rolling back to 1.1.3 solves the problem for the most part...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
(2013-06-19, 22:51)thebearnecessit Wrote: I think the above screenshot looks great, are you going to include it in the mod?

Changing the text size in settings - appearance has made the synopsis just about readable and made the submenu text on the home screen more user-friendly too.

I would prefer it even larger but that's just being picky i think Big Grin

I have another question/issue - i get a black screen when i come out of standby - when i use the power off button on my android remote my machine goes in a kind of standby. so when i come back and press the power button again to turn it back on, it doesn't need to boot all over again. this works great on confluence, but on your mod i am left with an entirely black screen. if i press alt-tab and choose xbmc then the screen refreshes and its fine again.

or i can press home and click the xbmc app again and the xbmc re-appears.

just wondered if you had any ideas what the difference could be between the two skins that could be causing this.

not sure if a log would help or if i should try some other skins to see if its a widespread problem?

(ive been mucking about for hours last night trying to find a way of having a keyboard button that does alt-tab or any kind of refresh of xbmc. would a "skin refresh" work? im sure i read it was possible to have a skin refresh in your keyboard.xml)

What version of MOD are you using as that sounds like an issue I had with a screensaver plugin, but recently (I've forgotten when) fixed it - v1.1.4 should be fixed ?

(2013-06-20, 00:34)thebearnecessit Wrote: one more Big Grin - anyway to make the mouse cursor dissapear?

using an android box and the mouse cursor is a big green thing.

my remote is the mele f10 and its a funny one because the central button in the middle of the direction pad doesnt sent enter/select like it should. it sends a mouse left click instead which is annoying.

even when i disable mouse support in xbmc settings i stil have the cursor on-screen.

so my plan was to setup my keyboard.xml to tell xbmc to interpret the mouse leftclick as enter/select. im sur ethat wil work fine but i'll still have the mouse cursor waving about the screen annoyingly.

i saw this post about deleting the reference to pointer-focus.png in the pointer.xml in the skin settings but that didn't work - i still have the android pointer on my screen Sad

how can i just make the pointer dissappear? any thoughts?

No idea how to make the android pointer disappear, but the next update will have an option to make the XBMC cursor invisible. XBMC expects a image in pointer.xml so it will not be happy in you just delete the reference to the image.

(2013-06-20, 08:37)jmh2002 Wrote: Radio I can stream fine, it's streaming video that causes the ram problem. This issue occurred immediately after upgrading to 1.1.4 - as I mentioned, rolling back to 1.1.3 solves the problem for the most part...

Radio 105 is a video stream Smile and I have no issues with streaming for extended periods. When I get a chance I'll check on any differences between 1.1.3 & 1.1.4, but there's not many

Thanks for taking the time to reply, im new to the skin so thats why ive had loads of queries, but dont worry it will calm down soon Smile

1 - black screen after standby - im on version 1.1.4. the issue was always intermittent and today i cant relicate it so maybe your fix worked for me Smile
2 - editing the skin to make the mouse cursor fail/dissappear - is this possible
3 - music library on home screen - everytime i add "music" to my home screen it is going to "music - files" instead of my library. is there an option to have the music item go to my library, maybe im just missing it? i can see some nice option in the sub-menu section like "music albums" etc but i'd like my main "music" button on the home screen to go to "music albums" if possible? Smile
4 - could you add "system info" to your list of available menu items?
5 - could you add "addon browser" to your list of available emnu items? I added an item to my favourites so that i could add it to my home screen (activatewindow(addonbrowser)). it works great except when i click on it, i always have to press backup once to get to the addon browser.
(2013-06-20, 19:09)thebearnecessit Wrote: Thanks for taking the time to reply, im new to the skin so thats why ive had loads of queries, but dont worry it will calm down soon Smile

1 - black screen after standby - im on version 1.1.4. the issue was always intermittent and today i cant relicate it so maybe your fix worked for me Smile
2 - editing the skin to make the mouse cursor fail/dissappear - is this possible
3 - music library on home screen - everytime i add "music" to my home screen it is going to "music - files" instead of my library. is there an option to have the music item go to my library, maybe im just missing it? i can see some nice option in the sub-menu section like "music albums" etc but i'd like my main "music" button on the home screen to go to "music albums" if possible? Smile
4 - could you add "system info" to your list of available menu items?
5 - could you add "addon browser" to your list of available emnu items? I added an item to my favourites so that i could add it to my home screen (activatewindow(addonbrowser)). it works great except when i click on it, i always have to press backup once to get to the addon browser.

1 - Okay will wait to see if it is still happening
2 - Already added to git version, will be in next update - hopefully over the weekend. Works to hide pointer on my Win7 system - not yet checked on Openelec
3 - Music library can be a bit awkward at times. use your music menu item & once in music make sure "Library Mode" is enabled in left hand slide menu. You can add "albums" to main menu.
4 - Yep can do that. should be in next update.
5 - Again will add it to next update

(2013-06-20, 18:47)Mudislander Wrote:
(2013-06-20, 08:37)jmh2002 Wrote: Radio I can stream fine, it's streaming video that causes the ram problem. This issue occurred immediately after upgrading to 1.1.4 - as I mentioned, rolling back to 1.1.3 solves the problem for the most part...

Radio 105 is a video stream Smile and I have no issues with streaming for extended periods. When I get a chance I'll check on any differences between 1.1.3 & 1.1.4, but there's not many

Thanks for the offer to check on any differences, however I think/hope that my problems are solved now.

There must have been glitch or a locked process or something like that because after a couple more upgrade and rollback attempts, a couple of restarts (including via safe mode), and a couple of minor setting changes a portion of ram has been freed up and all seems well again SmileSmile

Regarding various requests that I have had (from either Confluence Lite Mod or Hybrid), I see that in the last week or two most of them have been covered by either yourself or other users. I'll try to summarise here (I think that this is most of the current outstanding requests):

Items to add to menu options:
- Movie/TV Show/Music etc Library update (per page 15 - did it not make it into 1.1.4?)
- AddOn Browser
- Favourites (Home Menu)
- TV / Movie Actors
- System Info
- Year in OSD
- Runtime in Media Info Views (although it is already displayed on the information slide out page)

Plus:
- Weather widget on home screen (you mentioned you we're working on it),
- The ability to set an AddOn Panel to the System tab on the home screen (per Confluence Lite Mod).

Maybe we should have a stickied list somewhere of requests to save them getting requested over & over?

Thanks!!! again for all your great work, it's most appreciated SmileSmileSmile
You're welcome, feel free to consolidate or summarise any requests. It does make it easier, you might have to do it every couple of pages as MODs do not get their own forums and therefore no sticky threads.

On the above list, still outstanding would be the weather widget, and runtimes. The rest should make it into next update.

Movie/TV update library is already in between the Movie and TVShow stuff after Movie Tags I think - need to check Smile and Music update amongst music items

*** SUMMARY LIST OF REQUESTS ***

* REQUESTS PLANNED FOR NEXT UPDATE

- MenuOption: Movie/TV Show/Music etc Library update (per page 15 - did it not make it into 1.1.4?)
- MenuOption: AddOn Browser
- MenuOption: Favourites (Home Menu)
- MenuOption: TV / Movie Actors
- MenuOption: System Info
- Year in OSD

* REQUESTS OUTSTANDING (approved, but no time frame yet)

- Weather widget on home screen
- Runtime in Media Info Views (optional maybe? - info already displayed on the slide out page)

* NEW REQUESTS (pending approval by Mudislander)

- The ability to set an AddOn Panel to the System tab on the home screen (per Confluence Lite Mod).
- Preset (UnWatched TV Shows)
- Shutdown (on to System submenu like hybrid, as a MenuOption, or both if it is not too much work)

Regarding Movie/TV Show Library Update, I don't seem to find it on my Menu Options (maybe I am blind Wink )

And, I have another potential request:

What do you think about being able to add items from Favourites to the Home Screen AddOn Panel?
Is it feasible? (just like items from Favourites can be added to SubMenus now)

If it is feasible this might be an easy way to effectively add a lot more flexibility to Home Screen Menus (and placate some users who have requested to have more & more SubMenus / number of items in a SubMenu)

I know I woud use this possibility a lot - since I often add specific items from within an AddOn to Favourites to save having to drill down through multiple menus (eg: FilmOn TV Channels, Radio Countries or Genres, etc, etc)

Favourites have icon and naming support and i think would look just fine on the Home Screen Panel.

What do you think Mudislander ?
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod11