TV sereis confusion - internmixed series question
Hi Folks,

I have some of the original BBC Doctor Who series that ran from 1963 till the 1980’s and I have some of the new Doctor Who series that started in 2005. XBMC is mixing the two series together. I have two thumbnails showing up under TV Shows (that’s correct), one for the Old Dr Who series & one for the New Dr Who series, but all episodes from both new & old appear under each selection (incorrect).

Each series is in a different directory and the tvshow.nfo in the original series has id 76107 (correct) and the tvshow.nfo in the new Doctor Who series has an id of 78804. I’ve tried naming the series differently to see if that was the issue. I cleaned the DB named the original series “Doctor.Who.S12SE01” etc. and the new series “Dr.Who.(2005).S01E01” etc. Rescanned and still the same issue.

Suggestions?
Thanks
I have all the original doctor whos and the new and havent had any issues - you may want to try with renaming the shows again
Doctor Who - for the original
and
Doctor Who (2005) - for the newer version
tbh I use ember media manager so havent let xbmc 'naturally' scrape every episode but it sounds like an error with the naming of the directories or the episodes
with my episodes I usually put the episodes as s12e01 (for your first example)
and the other example s01e01
if you have your directories correct it will automatically go to the correct show number and scrape the info
also do you have nfo's for the episodes ?- if you do you will need to get rid of the offending nfo's before you clean and rescrape the db
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Yes - I'm also using ember and it works great. Like you I also had it as Doctor.Who.SxxExx and Doctor.Who.(2005).SxxExx but I changed the newer version to Dr. Who.(2005).SxxExx is case there was some file naming issues going on. It didn’t make any difference.

I moved the new series out of the “shows” directory then deleted & cleaned xbmc db. I deleted all the nfo’s from the new series and then put the new series back into the “shows” director and had ember rescrape & create new nfo’s. Afterwards I had xbmc update the library and poof – same issue again. There are two shows, the old & new Dr Who, but underneath each all of the episodes from each series appear.
I would need to see the nfos from both shows and an episode nfo from each show if you could either put it on a pastebin site with a link as no problems at my end
(2013-03-23, 16:13)Media-addict Wrote: “Doctor.Who.S12SE01”

This could be an error, you have an additional S in there.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Leepenny you were correct. Upon further looking at the NFO's the new series had an error in the header. After I corrected it, cleaned xbmc db and rescanned it's working.

I should of got that one sooner. Thanks for the help.
no problem - mark as solved

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV sereis confusion - internmixed series question0