XBMC as remote
My XBMC is slowly coming to live. Thanks to the incredible community.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to use an Android tablet as remote for XBMC.

I don't mean just using it to control volume, play, etc. I'm talking about being able to browse for something to watch right on the Android, and then sending the request to my main XBMC box.
There are several Android apps in the Store, including the official XBMC remote app, that not only send key commands to the software via network, but also allows browsing, selecting, and playing media - same for iOS is available. You can also do this via http web in a more limited fashion from other mobiles
There are multiple Android apps that will do this. Two of which are, the official XBMC Remote app and Yatse
Yes, you can use your Android device to control (navigate) and launch media playback on your XBMC system. You can browse the contents of your music and video libraries from your remote app and select an item or items to be played on the XBMC system. These apps also allow you to use your Android device as a virtual remote control, with buttons for play, pause, stop, left, right, select, etc.

You should be able to find the official XBMC Android remote app, Yatse and other remote apps in your Android store.
Thank you all for your responses. I will check out XBMC remote app. It would be great not to have leave the comfort of my couch to navigate my xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC as remote0