• 5(current)
MQ4 - Where to start with "Artwork Downloader" add-on?
Can anyone tell me where the actor images come from ?

The Universal Movie Scraper uses IMDB so do that actor images come from there or some other process ?

Is there any documentation for developers of scraper add-ons about this ? As the team at MyMovies.dk would like to update their metadata integration for XBMC Frodo.

Thanks
I'm pretty sure they are taken from themoviedb, but if not it must be IMDB.

Olympia is the man to answer any UMS questions. Try asking in the UMS thread.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2013-04-16, 15:50)Samu-rai Wrote: I'm pretty sure they are taken from themoviedb, but if not it must be IMDB.

Olympia is the man to answer any UMS questions. Try asking in the UMS thread.

Done
Cool. I know for sure that the age ratings are taken from IMDB as you can change which country it scrapes by using the correct prefix within the UMS settings.

Also I take back what I said about the actor pics coming from themoviedb. Looking at IMDB it looks like they are from there.

(2013-04-15, 17:21)Samu-rai Wrote: but could you not do a mass delete of all of the nfo's (I believe mymovies has this function),

You were right on this one, in the My Movies settings in the WHS console on my server under the Meta-data section there is a Clean button.

You can use this feature to remove / delete all the .nfo and .tbn files that My Movies creates for XBMC.

Thanks
Quote:Only issue is it says at the top of the screen: Trailer Available Press up to play, I am using the Aeon MQ4 skin which has a top menu, If I am in the movie library for example and accessing the Aeon MQ4 top menu, I would previously to exit out of this top menu press up. Now I don't know how to exit the menu without starting to play a trailer. But I guess that is a skin question.

You can't in the movie library I'm afraid. Not without switching the trailers off.

I am swapping to the Universal Movie Scraper now but it is causing some issues like:

Films that have been remade like Total Recall and Scarface as I am not specifying the year in the folder or file name XBMC can add it as the wrong movie title i.e. the wrong version from the wrong year. Means adding year in to the folder name I think?

Movies I have ripped from discs with My Movies their folder names end up being called something like this: This Island (United Kingdom) or Minority Report (United Kingdom) etc, the UK part in the folder name makes the titles not get detected properly in XBMC by the universal movie scraper.

So looks like I will have to go through and rename some movie folders on the server

Cheers
That would probably be best practice, but if you go on to the movies your having trouble with, press i and select 'reload', this should bring up all the movies that are similar to that file name, and you should be able to choose the correct one.

Samu-rai can I ask what scraper or artwork add-on you are using to get movie posters / covers ?

There seems to be options in various scrapers / artwork add-ons to get poster images.

Presumably you should only have the option to get posters enabled in one of them?

Just wondering if I should start getting new covers to replace the My Movies DVD disc covers.

Cheers
Initially I let the UMS scrape the available covers from themoviedb and choose which one I want through the information menu. Then when I have time I will download a copy of the chosen poster and store it in that movies folder.

I personally like to have the 'custom made' covers which only have the logo on, but otherwise look exactly like the original promotional posters. I also create and contribute my own versions of these. Here is one for 'The Guilt Trip' I just did as an example of what I mean.

I guess its all just personal preference though.

Looks good! Which site to you contribute these posters too?
Thanks.

Movie posters & Fanarts to themoviedb.
Logos & movie/season fanarts to fanart.tv.

I dabble a bit in other types from time to time as well.

There are some tricky titles I don't know what to do with? Like Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated Vol1 DVD. Before with the MyMovies metadata it was in XBMC as a movie title. Now with the XBMC Universal Movie scraper it wont add it to the movie library. The DVD contains four episodes from the TV Series so IMDB thinks its a TV Show, which I guess it is, but its better adding these types of titles as movies I think as its not a full TV Series. I have 14 Kids DVD titles similar to this that are now not being added to the movie library.

I had to rename about 80 other movie folders on the server so IMDB would match those movies with its database. Things like adding the year in brackets, correcting a few spelling mistakes and renaming movie folder names to match as they are on IMDB.

Movie Sets seem a bit odd, some have worked like the Austin Powers Collection but then there are loads of movies that are not in a set I dont think but are listed like American Graffri Series, American Psycho Collection they are just single films

Thanks
I'd check on the TVDB to see if the DVD episodes you have are listed as 'season' episodes or even specials. If they are then you can just name the files correctly and they will be scraped into your TV show collection. If not then you will have to revert to your original NFO's, or create some custom ones yourself.

Movie sets are taken from themoviedb and rely on users connecting movies into sets. It its probable that the movies you have which aren’t in sets on XBMC are also not on themoviedb. You can create your own sets in XBMC with video tags.

(2013-04-18, 15:04)Samu-rai Wrote: I'd check on the TVDB to see if the DVD episodes you have are listed as 'season' episodes or even specials. If they are then you can just name the files correctly and they will be scraped into your TV show collection. If not then you will have to revert to your original NFO's, or create some custom ones yourself.

Movie sets are taken from themoviedb and rely on users connecting movies into sets. It its probable that the movies you have which aren’t in sets on XBMC are also not on themoviedb. You can create your own sets in XBMC with video tags.

They are DVD VIDEO_TS rips these Kids DVDs with TV Series episodes on them. So will probably need an .nfo file back for those.

Some are Video files I think will have to try and add them as you say in to the TV Show Library.

With regard to movie sets, the problem seems to be I have things listed as sets that I wasnt expecting to see.

So is it listing all sets even though I might only have one movie on my system from that set?

American Graffitti as my earlier example I only have that one film, but looking on IMDB there is a second film called "More American Graffiti" so presuming this is why I can see something called "American Graffitti Series".

I was expecting to see in Movie sets only the sets that I actually had in my XBMC Movie Library / on my WHS server, maybe it does not work like that then.

Just seen one listed called Avatar Collection, the second movie is not even out yet!

This is confusing there is one called Bolt Collection the kids movie this one

I am not aware of any other Bolt movies ?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ4 - Where to start with "Artwork Downloader" add-on?0