• 6(current)
MQ4 - Where to start with "Artwork Downloader" add-on?
Even if it recognises some titles as within a set, if you only have one movie from within that ‘set’, then unless you are in the sets view, it should show as a single movie in your library.

As I said the sets are taken from user input on the themoviedb, and I’m not sure what the quality control of these is like, if any. If you find a specific title on themoviedb, it should tell you which sets it’s associated with.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

I am now using the Universal Movie Scraper searching IMDB as you know.

The movie title "Scooby-Doo Meets Batman" is not listed on IMDB at all.

I just created a Scooby-Doo Meets Batman.nfo file for the title and simply pasted in the URL:

http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/35682-sc...ets-batman

And reload it in XBMC from local data and it works. Its now showing correctly in the XBMC Movie Library, much to my amazement!

Hopefully I can add the other missing Kids DVD titles using this method.
Awesome!

That also sounds like one hell of a movie too!

(2013-04-18, 17:43)Samu-rai Wrote: Awesome!

That also sounds like one hell of a movie!

My youngest daughter is mad on Scooby-Doo would be hell to pay if I can't get them all in the library lol.
Think I spoke too soon.

What I did was in XBMC browse the Movies menu then Files and then found the folder for "Scooby-Doo Meets Batman" which contains a DVD VIDEO_TS rip, I then pressed I to load movie information and it loaded the data from TheMovieDB via the URL in the .nfo file.

This worked and I then had ONE title in the Movie Library for "Scooby-Doo Meets Batman". Big Grin

However a bit later I ran a full Movie Library update, it then detects all the single .VOB files in the VIDEO_TS folder and add them as additional titles, so I end up with it looking like this: Confused

I have tried putting the Scooby-Doo Meets Batman.nfo file in to the "Scooby-Doo Meets Batman" folder or into the VIDEO_TS sub-folder doesn't seem to make any difference.

Seems I cant add a DVD rip if its not found within the IMDB database / website.

EDIT:

The .nfo trick and using a URL pointing to TheMovieDB site, works fine for movie titles that are not in IMDB and are single video files on my server like .AVI or .MKV

Just doesn't work for DVD rips with multipleVOBs. There are only 7x DVD discs that IMDB can't detect, will probably encode these in to single video files and then I can create .nfo files for them.
(2013-04-16, 15:37)cw-kid Wrote: Can anyone tell me where the actor images come from ?

The Universal Movie Scraper uses IMDB so do that actor images come from there or some other process ?

Is there any documentation for developers of scraper add-ons about this ? As the team at MyMovies.dk would like to update their metadata integration for XBMC Frodo.

Thanks

If you scrape your media using Ember, the links to the actors are inside the NFO file, which XBMC reads and adds into its db.
Ember scraps its data from the same sites as the scrapers, so you will get the same info. Ember just stores it in an NFO rather than within XBMC it's self.

I found that using the Universal Movie Scraper that more actor images would appear and generally more of the icons would appear. I was previously using the .nfo files and the scraper from MyMovies.dk. I am however working with the developers at MyMovies currently and they are updating their meta-data creation processes to work better with XBMC Frodo. They have fixed the actor images and other things like the parental rating icon in the top left of the movie information screen, that was not showing.

They are still having issues with media type icons / media info, like H.264, Blu-ray icons not showing up. Also not all titles are correctly showing the audio type icons like AAC and the 2.0, 5.0 icons. But they are hopefully going to resolve the issues, they are still sending me beta review versions of their Collection Management program software.

I would prefer to keep using MyMovies.dk on the back-end as they have some good tools for managing your Movie and TV collections and it means less work for me renaming the actual video files which the Universal Movie Scraper seems to require.
(2013-04-03, 16:26)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

New XBMC user, currently using the excellent Aeon MQ4 Skin and have just finished setting up all artwork for my music using the various artwork add-ons.

Need to start looking at Artwork Downloader for Movie and TV Shows, but must admit I am worried about letting it potentially run riot on my media files.

I already have a folder.jpg and fanart.jpg for each Movie, so I want to keep these and not have them overwritten.

I've read the wiki page for the Artwork Downloader add-on and read some of the pages in the 131 page thread, just to get a feel of some of the potential issues.

First question is what types of artwork files will I need for Aeon MQ4 ? Presumably it does not support all of them ? And I only want to download what artwork I actually require.

Movies:
Poster (poster.jpg)
FanArt (fanart.jpg)
Extra_fanart (<image ID from provider>.jpg)
Extrathumbs (thumb1.jpg to thumb4.jpg)
Clearart (clearart.png)
Logo (logo.png)
Discart (disc.png)
Wide_Banner_Icons (banner.jpg)
Thumb 16:9 (landscape.jpg)

TV Shows:
Poster (poster.jpg)
Season Posters (seasonx.jpg)
FanArt (fanart.jpg)
Clearart (clearart.png)
Characterart (character.png)
Logo (logo.png)
Wide_Banner_Icons (banner.jpg)
Season Banners (seasonbannerx.jpg)
Thumb 16:9 (landscape.jpg)
Season Thumb 16:9 (seasonx-landscape.jpg | seasonall-landscape.jpg)

Musicvideos:
Poster (poster.jpg)
FanArt (fanart.jpg)
Extrathumbs (thumb1.jpg to thumb4.jpg)
Clearart (clearart.png)
Logo (logo.png)
Discart (disc.png)

Second question, is there any way to just download the artwork for one particular movie and one TV Show as a test? So I can see the results before letting it run on all the media folders.

If anyone who knows what they are doing and has any tips for a newbie. with regard to Aeon MQ4 and the Artwork Downloader add-on I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks

Is it Disc.png or cdart.png??
cdart.png is for music albums and I used the CDArtManager add-on to get those.

I have not used this Artwork Downloader add-on for disc.png artwork for movie or tv shows as I believe Aeon MQ4 does not support them.
(2013-04-29, 17:43)cw-kid Wrote: cdart.png is for music albums and I used the CDArtManager add-on to get those.

I have not used this Artwork Downloader add-on for disc.png artwork for movie or tv shows as I believe Aeon MQ4 does not support them.

It does, with this script in showcase view.
LINK: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...5&page=328

Here's the video of how it works
LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzfnrJrJAOg

I'm trying to figure out a way to do it in POSTER and have the disc.png animation in the top left corner.
BOGGLES ME.
(2013-04-30, 14:00)Buzniak Wrote:
(2013-04-29, 17:43)cw-kid Wrote: cdart.png is for music albums and I used the CDArtManager add-on to get those.

It does, with this script in showcase view.
LINK: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...5&page=328

Here's the video of how it works
LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzfnrJrJAOg

I'm trying to figure out a way to do it in POSTER and have the disc.png animation in the top left corner.
BOGGLES ME.

I didn't know, that looks good though!
MQ4 doesn't support discart. What you are talking about there is an unofficial mode which requires altering the code. Not for beginners I would advise.

(2013-04-30, 15:56)Samu-rai Wrote: MQ4 doesn't support discart. What you are talking about there is an unofficial mode which requires altering the code. Not for beginners I would advise.

I replied "It does, with this script in showcase view. LINK: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...5&page=328"

I never stated that MQ4 supported it NATIVELY.
CW was right with his previous comment. If you have to change the code to acheive something then that can't be described as supporting the feature, natively or other wise.

If you want a disc art feature in the video library, then I would suggest switching to ACE which does support it natively.

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ4 - Where to start with "Artwork Downloader" add-on?0