Delete Files not working?
I store my files on my NAS. XBMC connects via NFS and has full read/write perms.

When I'm done with a show, I pull up the context menu and tell it to remove the show from the Library. It asks me if I want to also delete the file - I answer Yes.

I'm finding that both the NFO and Video file are still on the NAS... not being deleted?

It does remove the show from the Library list - only until the Library scan happens again, of course.

So two questions...

1) Is there a problem deleting files over NFS? Anyone get this to work?
2) Is XBMC supposed to be deleting the show NFO file also?

thanks
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
This is most probably a permission issue, XBMC doesn't seem to have the correct rights to perform this action, deleting files. If possible make a new folder on the XBMC source computer so its not on the network, then try to delete it from within XBMC
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
Same problem here. Running OpenElec 3.0.3. Confirming to delete movie from library, then confirming to delete file as well. Yet the file remains on my NFS server. My NetwerkedMediaTank had no problems deleting with the same permissions granted by the NFS server...

My /etc/exports on server

# XBMC
/mnt/hitachi2tb2 192.168.0.12(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)
Must have been a rights issue after all... Exports where okay, but certain folder/file rights probable weren't.
After
Code:
sudo chmod 777 -R /mnt/hitachi2tb2
on my server things work as expected.
(2013-05-27, 16:55)10oB Wrote: Same problem here. Running OpenElec 3.0.3. Confirming to delete movie from library, then confirming to delete file as well. Yet the file remains on my NFS server. My NetwerkedMediaTank had no problems deleting with the same permissions granted by the NFS server...

My /etc/exports on server

# XBMC
/mnt/hitachi2tb2 192.168.0.12(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)

(2013-06-03, 12:55)10oB Wrote: Must have been a rights issue after all... Exports where okay, but certain folder/file rights probable weren't.
After
Code:
sudo chmod 777 -R /mnt/hitachi2tb2
on my server things work as expected.

Your export IS wrong, at least for OpenELEC.

With OpenELEC you will be connecting to your NFS server as root, and you'll need no_root_squash on the export otherwise the OpenELEC root user will be squashed to nobody, and thus won't have the rights to remove the file, unless you make the mistake of opening up the file permissions with chmod 777, which now means that any user, no matter how lowly privileged, can delete/modify it.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for the educational comment MilhoseVH! Will look into it, because changing permissions to 777 is indeed a bit blunt...
The other option, if your NAS supports it, is to squash the root user to a specific user/group account, one that does have the permissions you require.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delete Files not working?0