• 25(current)
[i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's
@wolfgar great news! I merged it into my build, but have to wait until I can flash it again. Meanwhile I was testing your 38692697c9 commit as well as smallint commit f04d454532 (I left there comment) and got well synchronized audio but very choppy video on HDTV TS streams. His latest commit (disabling the TS Manager) was solving the choppy video, but it left the sync issue again.
I will test your latest commit too ;-)
Hi Stephan,

I'm now using your latest patches for the kernel, but on xbmc I reverted to smallint commit e0ea7fd as your latest 318954fd is makig the HD Video very choppy and the last commit from smallint looks great but after some time it unsychronize the audio even on SD , here is the video ahead and on (some) HD stays the video behind.. :-(

anyway the spot in the middle is away, this looks really great. Big Thank to you :-)

Miro
Hi Miro,

I am really dubious regarding smallint commit e0ea7fd as my latest 318954fd : They can't change anything I think...
The e0ea7fd is a way to disable deinterlacing when a environment var is set (but there is no reason you have set that var) and 318954fd is almost pure cosmetic : it avoids to call a method because its return was previously stored...
So I am almost certain these 2 ones wont change anything.
But I perfectly believe you when you report videos are sometimes choppy : I guess the real culprit is commit 3b86444 (smallint ec62da5) in a specific case.
I am also aware that the latest commit from smallint can help and you can get the same behavior by setting
"export IMX_NOPTS=1"
before launching xbmc to get the same behavior from my code...

Some additional investigations are needed and a little massaging required to get a perfect behavior with any source (many sources work just fine)
At least we share a dedicated video to investigate with smallint

If you could send a file or an URL which is choppy when played with the latest commit, that would help as we will be able to investigate exactly the issue you witness

Nice that the spot in the middle is gone...
Stephan
@stephan,

I totaly agree with you, (I hope I don't have again a build specific problem) anyway I send you PM with a link of 150MB (dd) cuted sample of the HD stream wich is working fine with prevoius versions but not with the mentioned version.. It is not working even with the export variable (don't know if it don't get read or it is not working)..

I saw new commit from you. I will try this one to..
edit: this one 650422bffc doesn't change the behaviour :-(

By Miro
@wolfar I have applied your kernel patches and your latest XBMC git to GeexBox for the Cuboxi. and things are much much better. I will try tomorrow on the larger screen but the changes are quite noticeable, not just the patch in the middle, in some quick tests on my 15" dev monitor a/v sync is better and the number of dropped frames is way down.

Great work.

Martin
Hi Martin

Nice, thanks for reporting !
On which commit are you exactly ?

Stephan
I used 650422bffc from imx-wip and patched the https://github.com/SolidRun/linux-imx6 kernel with your utilite ipu changes

If you have a cuboxi here is the image http://d-h.st/Wyi

Martin
Stephan some positive feedback to your changes on the cuboxi here http://imx.solid-run.com/forums/viewtopi...t=10#p2655

Martin
Hi Martin,

Thanks a lot for sharing your updated image with my latest changes for cuboxi and for your feedback...

Best regards
Stephan
Hi Stephan,

I made a try of your commit e26d58c7bf today. The HTDV video seems to play well, but if you jump/skip forward then the audio stays behind,, (you may try it out on my sample too).
SD is working well. I coudn't discover any problem like reported from pmthexton on your previous commit (using Tvheadend 3.9.376~ga2c9e91) except the problem with audio while skipping, here is it same like on the VDR recorded file....

Thanks a lot :-)

Kind regards
Miro
Thanks again for your feedback Miro,

I am currently releasing an images for the targets I support (utlite, udoo, wandboard) in this state and then I will go for a next cycle of improvements...

Best regards
Stephan
Thanks Stéphan XBMC on my Wandboard Quad is now working like my on Cubox i2ultra.

Martin
Thanks Stéphan, I installed your version on Utilite (Dual) with SSD. And I'm impressed how quick it boots. The menu interacts also very quickly. I'm coming from using Rasbmc, so this is a good improvement. Thanks for your great work.

A few questions though (not really mx6 related):

- The NFS shares are not mounted automatically on startup. Even though I have the correct entries in /etc/fstab and a manual "mount -a" does mount all shares.
- Reboot doesn't seem to work (either via menu, or via console / ssh).
- Somehow I managed to configure the playback speed of my videos to x2 as default. I am currently unable to switch back to "normal speed". Even after rebooting XBMC plays the movies with fast speed.

Do you have any ideas / tips for the above issues?

Thanks,
Stefan
Hi,

Thanks for all the work done on this platform.

I have just received a cubox-i4pro and have been playing around with it.

First question, what BSP are you guys using? I'm using 3.0.35_4.1.0. Seems rather old, but I'm a little confusing about upgrading as things seems rather fractured and you have to get the kernel talking to userspace in just the right way to get it to work. I'm running on an arch linux distro and I've made a few packages which keep track of the board specific files.

Second, I seem to have _very_ dark playback and other issues such as a mainly purple screen. I'm using the imx-wip branch. I can post xbmc.log if that is of any assistance, but there doesn't seem to be any errors or the like.
http://lpaste.net/99441

sounds like all this problems with TV streaming. mine is from TV headend grabbing DVBT in MPEG2 from air. XBMC with cubox 4i is fullhd screen with 1920x1080x16bit resolution . audio through HDMI to TV. linux-imx6 with wolfgar's patches (or other considered for use). the same is valid for latest gotham (including 3rd party imx support).

interesting is that I'm not realizing any other symptoms. any codec (I tried) videos up to FullHD with DTS-ES/HA sound without passthrough, no issues. Just the live tv.

Sometimes it works without issues for hours. Normally I would not bother with this meaning sometimes needed to restart XBMC (if device stays like in the log). Most of the time it works after rebuffed.

But problem which seems to be going hand by hand is HDMI CEC remote control. With smallest timing problem (so small that it is only logged, I can't hear / see it - so there is 50/50 chance that it breaks HDMI CEC control. Without notification HDMI CEC stops working, looping error with device not available.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's4