• 33(current)
[i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's
All the time. Every video though they are all h264 mkvs. It happens about 2 to 3 minutes in.

The arch image seems to give me more time but it eventually halts in the interface as well. I don't have an error log for that situation. With the Yocto image (yours I think!) I had the same issue and the halting started much faster, always in the interface. I had a hard time examining the logs on that image as well. The whole box would hang so no SSH session and the logs are linked to /tmp so not saved either.

I'm starting to worry about my board.
Hmm, this is really strange.
Yet this error is a log from the previous implementation and the newest one (hosted in the new xbmc-imx6 repo) uses a different rendering method with different buffers handling.
so you should give it a try : it may just work
I am unsure a public image for wandboard packages this new repo.
If you want, I can easilly share one for you...

Best regards
Stephan
I tried your Jan 29 image and it halted very quickly and so completely that I couldn't read the logs. I'm game to try a different image one?

And for completeness the arch image was the one posted to the wandboard forums on Feb 19 by kohonen. It reports 13.0 pre-alpha on my ios based xbmc remote.
Try this wandq image please...
It is a yocto fresh build from xbmc-imx6 master
regards
Ok - got the new image. I probably won't get a chance to burn it tonight - too late now here - but I'll try it ASAP and report back.
I gave it it try and the image hung at the four penguin part of the boot. I used this sd card before on a previous image so there is a small chance the dd didn't take but it should have. I may try to image the sd card again. As for this attempt, the boot process doesn't seem far enough along to tell much. But you tell me? Is is worth an ssh?
Quote:Try this wandq image please...
It is a yocto fresh build from xbmc-imx6 master
regards

On my HDMI monitor the splash screen was presented then hung. The last 4 lines of xbmc.log file were:

Quote:16:30:49 T:1073501264 NOTICE: Thread PeripBusUSBUdev start, auto delete: false
16:30:49 T:739237888 ERROR: InitWindowSystem: Could not initialize
16:30:49 T:739237888 FATAL: CApplication::Create: Unable to init windowing system
16:30:49 T:1023407184 ERROR: CecLogMessage - Write: sent command error !
[quote]

The image was run on a unmodified wandboard-quad.
Sorry I made a mistake while creating this image in a hurry : I will fix this very soon (investigation in progress)
Edit : issue found , rebuild in progress I will update the file in a few minutes...
Edit2 : File updated wandq image md5sum 3c552d6c24ca6f7eaf1314773a042eda
Great job you guys are doing.

Just wanted to report that mpeg4 files do not play (many drops), and VC-1 also has many frame drops.
This is on Cubox-i geexbox alpha build 8 March.

Good news is that the h264 files work great. I had the Jellyfish 120Mbps running with no frame drops.
Hi joelbaby

Could you share links to some samples that do not play fluently so that we reproduce and try to solve the issue ?

Stephan
@joelbaby From your cubox post, I understand this popped up with the latest emveepee geexbox build, right?
I.e. was it working for you before?
@joelbaby
I have reproduced the issue for VC1 and have just opened an official issue :
https://github.com/xbmc-imx6/xbmc/issues/41
I am invetsigating...
mpeg4 issue is actually with msmpeg4. These file have no video, only audio:

D(Video: msmpeg4v3 (DIV3 / 0x33564944), yuv420p, 624x352)

Also Hi10P have same issue (no video only audio).
Raspberry Pi can play Hi10P up to 720p in Gotham according to the guy in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1616187

If Rpi can do it, cubox-i should be capable.
Another small, weird cubox-i bug with 3.10.30 kernel:
If you select restart, geexbox will shutdown - then it shows login prompt, and after this a blank screen instead of geexbox screen
(2014-03-14, 05:56)joelbaby Wrote: mpeg4 issue is actually with msmpeg4. These file have no video, only audio:

D(Video: msmpeg4v3 (DIV3 / 0x33564944), yuv420p, 624x352)

I had the same issue on rpi, this particular codec is not supported. Unless cubox-i supports it, you will have to recode it to normal mpeg4 (there is a way to do it in a losless way)
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[i.MX6] XBMC running on Freescale SoC's4