Easily switch Audio Output Device
(2013-04-08, 02:33)Nckchris Wrote: I've done a considerable amount of searching and haven't found a solution to my problem as of yet.

I have a very basic xbmc setup running Frodo on Windows 7. Most of the time I output audio through a basic set of computer speakers, but occasionally I use a wireless headset and am looking for a quick way to switch between the two audio output devices under system settings without actually going in to system settings each time I use my headset.

I have found Audioswitch which is a great little program and does exactly what I'm looking for outside of xbmc with a hot key, but still requires that I change the audio output device within xbmc's system settings. If I could use this tool and force xbmc to use windows default audio device that would be perfect. Being able to map a key within xbmc to change the audio output device would also work and I've found a way to map a key to change the audio output between analog, hdmi, and optical, but nothing to switch the actual output device. I'm also using eventghost if that would provide a means to make this work as well.

I've also seen where it could be done by setting up a second profile within xbmc, but I would prefer a simpler more streamlined solution.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi Nckchris

I solved this by using Airfoil, which will stream the audio from XBMC (or anything else) to Airplay devices or other computers, not sure if this will fix it for you but it's a free trial. It's simple and I love it!

http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/

mysticpete
HP N54L server with 6GB Memory and 10TB storage
Freenas server
HD Homerun twin HD network tuners (awesome)
2 x Pi 512 (B)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easily switch Audio Output Device - by mysticpete - 2013-04-08, 14:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Easily switch Audio Output Device0