How to send music via DLNA to my AV-receiver?
Hi,

I have already enabled UPNP / DLNA on XBMC 12.1 for Android, but how can I send music to my Denon AV-Receiver? Where can I set a DLNA device as output in XBMC? I would like to directly send music to that device, what else do I need to configure?
Feature is coming in development builds (wiki), but doesn't seem to be working yet outside of XBMC to XBMC. I believe the long term goal is to be able to have XBMC "Play to" any UPnP/DLNA device.
(2013-04-09, 21:24)Ned Scott Wrote: Feature is coming in development builds (wiki), but doesn't seem to be working yet outside of XBMC to XBMC. I believe the long term goal is to be able to have XBMC "Play to" any UPnP/DLNA device.

YES! That would be fantastic:-)
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
(2013-04-09, 22:22)lartomar2002 Wrote:
(2013-04-09, 21:24)Ned Scott Wrote: Feature is coming in development builds (wiki), but doesn't seem to be working yet outside of XBMC to XBMC. I believe the long term goal is to be able to have XBMC "Play to" any UPnP/DLNA device.

YES! That would be fantastic:-)

I totally agree, that is a feature I am desperately looking for, can anyone give me any hint which devstream to watch to see when this is ready? I mean it's kind of stupid having to select the media on my AV receiver with a tiny display, instead of simply selecting the content to be played on my large tablet. I wonder that nobody else has ever thought of beaming music from an android device to a DLNA-capable stereo amplifier or receiver before Sad
Turn on scanning for upnp renderers (or what it is called) in system->services->upnp and see if it already picks up your receiver (context menu on the item you wanna play - play-to -> receiver if it is visible). Maybe it already works.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-04-10, 11:52)Memphiz Wrote: Turn on scanning for upnp renderers (or what it is called) in system->services->upnp and see if it already picks up your receiver (context menu on the item you wanna play - play-to -> receiver if it is visible). Maybe it already works.

In which version can this actually be done? Were can I find the most current (not stable) apks for Android?
Nightly builds (wiki).

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/
Thanks, I do have a point called "Look for remote UPNP players", but I cannot seem to find how to actually use it for playback. Can anybody please help?
The gui options are a little weird right now, but basically you select the video and bring up the context menu, then choose "play with". That should give you a list of "players", including the internal player and any UPnP player that XBMC finds.
(2013-04-12, 05:16)Ned Scott Wrote: The gui options are a little weird right now, but basically you select the video and bring up the context menu, then choose "play with". That should give you a list of "players", including the internal player and any UPnP player that XBMC finds.

I don't have that point "Play with", at least not when I play Music files on a filesystem-base (I never use the Library but prefer the file mode).
Was it forgotten to implement?

A much better way in my oppinion would be to allo the user to select the DLNA receiver as an Audio Output device, so that all audio played by XBMC goes to the DLNA receiver
Touch and Hold the item to bring up the context menu. Also Audio Output Device is not the generic intention (and only usefull for your special use case). Upnp Play will be able to play video, audio or pictures on whatever target a user selects (and i for myself have more then one target which i need to specify on demand).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
may have to try this, sounds spot on.
Since Logitech stop developing their squeezeboxes, there isn't a real alternative to the very pricey Sonos. Been wanting a more customisable approach.

Is there an option development in syncing? i.e. play to 2,3,4 devices at same time?
Thanks, I have found the "Play with" entry in the context menu, and it also finds my Denon AVR, but itfails to playback, I get an errormessage telling me to look at the debug log, which isn't there, I already searched it here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...r_and_logs

but it's not there, even though I have enabled show hidden files and system files in EZ file explorer. I find the userdata folder, but not the log-Folder or any logfiles

Sometimes I get the error message "Cannot find next item in Playlist", but only when I try to stream it using DLNA, not on normal playback.
Try using the debug log add-on uploader: Log file/Easy (wiki).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to send music via DLNA to my AV-receiver?1