Force monitor into sleep while playing
Hello all!
I hope i am posting this in the right section, if not I apologize.

I have a problem. I have a XBMC box in my bedroom and I use it regularly as a sleeping aid combined with a sleep timer. I would like to be able to force the screen into sleep mode while still playing some video, leaving just the sound.
I hoped that i could achieve this with eventghost. Evenghost has functions for turning off the monitor (I have also tried different small programs to turn the monitors off) but I believe the XBMC functions for preventing windows to put the monitor to sleep, turns the monitor on again after a couple of seconds.

Is there a way to turn this functions off? Or can I do this with the XBMC screensaver?
Any one have any tips?

/Tobias
Use xbmc screensaver black? I do that with our plasma screen in the bedroom and the childrens room to prevent burnin.
Hey Tobias,

@jordandk - Screen saver won't kick in though if video is playing.

@tobias
Have you tried just minimising xbmc at bedtime and then going to windows, screensaver and selecting none/black and hitting preview... This will run windows screensaver until you hit the mouse/keyboard gain and works effectively. This way, the screen goes black and xbmc still plays video.

You could do it manually or create s vbs or something to do this for you on demand, and use an xbmc script to run on event.
This xbmc script with a custom bat/vbs could do the trick maybe if you want an automated service solution and can be bothered to create the file:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=151011
PatrickBateman

Doh offcourse when playing videos. Need a pair of new eyes I think.
Dont worry, mine are shot to bits too Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Force monitor into sleep while playing0