DTS passthrough on Ouya - not currently supported
(2013-06-27, 14:16)jjd-uk Wrote: There is certainly something up with the HDMI handshaking somewhere in the chain from what you describe, to me prime suspect would be settings on the receiver.

Would you by any chance have some form of HDMI Control (CEC) enabled on the receiver? does your TV get audio from the receiver? As sounds like the TV capabilities is being passed back to Ouya saying DTS is not supported then when you break the link to the TV it correctly detects the receiver capabilities.

Correct:
- receiver = CEC enabled -> so I can watch TV via setup box without putting on the receiver.
- TV = CEC disabled -> because when I switch off my setup box with Logitech Harmony, the setup box first sends a signal to my TV for switching off (via HDMI CEC), while my Harmony performs a power toggle on my TV -> switching it on again Confused

My TV isn't able to process DTS or Dolby Digital signals -> this could indeed be the problem, in combination with CEC enabled on my receiver.

Reading all feedback (which is really appreciated), it looks like DTS is working for everybody via XBMC on Ouya or are there still problems with it?
Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK2 / Intel mSata 525 30GB / Kingston 8 GB / Intel 7260hmw

Messages In This Thread
RE: DTS passthrough on Ouya - not currently supported - by speedway - 2013-06-27, 14:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS passthrough on Ouya - not currently supported1