Raspberry Pi and DTS direct to TV
Hi Guys.

I currently use XBMC with a windows based HTPC through an AV amp, to a TV and it all works great.

Now, i wish to create another system in the bedroom using a raspberry pi.

I see mentioned that the raspberry pi doesnt like to decode DTS, and to use DTS passthrough.

Now, i have a number of movies on the network which have a DTS soundtrack (some DTS-HDMA), which works great on the main TV + AV Amp, but the raspberry pi will connect directly to a Samsung UE32EH5000 TV.

If i select DTS passthrough on the audio options, will the TV be able to convert the DTS 5.1 (or the core from the DTS-HDMA) into stereo? or will i not get any audio?

How do you guys deal with this issue?

Thanks
most likely your TV is not capable to do DTS so the RPi would have to downmix
Actually, most of the recent Samsungs do indeed decode DTS and support passthrough just fine -- I know my ES6200 does.

According to the UA32EH5000 user manual, it has "DTS 2.0+Digital Out", meaning yes, it'll decode the DTS to a 2.0 stream for your TV's stereo speakers, or send the the full multichannel stream to the optical out.

It also clearly states it decodes DTS through its own media player. I'd find it very hard to believe that it wouldn't accept DTS over HDMI.
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/conten...4E-ENG.pdf
Depends entirely on whether your TV supports DTS - have you tried looking in the user manual to see if it supports DTS? If it does then you'll get downmixed stereo.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Great, thanks for your help guys, i'll give it a go and see.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi and DTS direct to TV0