Linux Celeron deinterlacing
Hello
I have htpc based on celeron g540 and I'm generally happy with it.
Hovewer I don't know of it's possible to properly view interlaced movies.
My desktop is set to 50Hz, so TV recognized it as 1080p. Viewing not interlaced movies is perfect, hovewer mainly sports are broadcasted as 1080i or 576i.
Xbmc doesn't deinterlace anything as I know.
TV can but I would need to switch desktop to interlaced mode (?) which is silly idea.
So the only option is gpu driver.
I have latest kernel with Intel built in driver for it's hd2000 but I don't know if it's possible to enable deinterlacing and how to do it?
Deinterlacing mode and method is set in OSD. Then save for all videos.

see Video_playback#OSD_video_settings (wiki) However dont go counting on your GPU being able to do what you want.

uNi
There is no such options in system menu.
There is system-settings and then video-playback (nothing there about deinterlacing) or system-video output (no deinterlacing either)
Edit: ok I have it. It's counter intuitive that it doesn't exists in options
It is what it is.

At least now your slightly more familiar with XBMC, enjoy it!

uNi
@Marx1:
There is currently no deinterlacing with VAAPI at all. We have developed deinterlacing which is depending on the intel vaapi staging branch and the libva staging branch. Bob 1080i50 works great on the Celeron 847. I try to make some OE builds over the weekend for easy testing.

Some hints here: https://github.com/BtbN/xbmc/commits/vaa...nterlacing <- use this tree, if you try to build from source, as the ffmpeg 1.2 change broke mpeg-2 with vaapi.

Start with a minimal Ubuntu, install libva and vaapi-intel-driver via git and make sure to checkout the staging branch. After this build that vaapi-vpp-deinterlacing branch as usual.

If you see something green, report back.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-04-24, 08:50)fritsch Wrote: @Marx1:
There is currently no deinterlacing with VAAPI at all. We have developed deinterlacing which is depending on the intel vaapi staging branch and the libva staging branch. Bob 1080i50 works great on the Celeron 847. I try to make some OE builds over the weekend for easy testing.

Some hints here: https://github.com/BtbN/xbmc/commits/vaa...nterlacing <- use this tree, if you try to build from source, as the ffmpeg 1.2 change broke mpeg-2 with vaapi.

Start with a minimal Ubuntu, install libva and vaapi-intel-driver via git and make sure to checkout the staging branch. After this build that vaapi-vpp-deinterlacing branch as usual.

If you see something green, report back.

Great job - but any chance to see it in xbmc mainline and with support for existing intel vaapi drivers like available in ubuntu 12.04 repos ?

Since Intels GPUs are now powerful enough to do the job it would be redundant to use a not much more powerful gfx card from nvidia like the Geforce 210 just for deinterlacing Tongue

Btw I'm using a Celeron G530 and even if deinterlacing is believed not to work I neither don't see any difference when using vdpau capable nvidia card nor does livetv have typical interlacing quality loss ?!?

Greetz

LCS
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Quote:Great job - but any chance to see it in xbmc mainline and with support for existing intel vaapi drivers like available in ubuntu 12.04 repos ?
no chance with current stable drivers, they simply do not support it.
Quote:Btw I'm using a Celeron G530 and even if deinterlacing is believed not to work I neither don't see any difference when using vdpau capable nvidia card nor does livetv have typical interlacing quality loss ?!?

Then you must be doing something fundamentally wrong. Even between bob deinterlacing and the advanced methods is a huge difference.
(2013-04-24, 17:15)FernetMenta Wrote:
Quote:Btw I'm using a Celeron G530 and even if deinterlacing is believed not to work I neither don't see any difference when using vdpau capable nvidia card nor does livetv have typical interlacing quality loss ?!?

Then you must be doing something fundamentally wrong. Even between bob deinterlacing and the advanced methods is a huge difference.

If I say "I see no difference" I meant, that the livetv picture has superb quality and it doesn't change neither if using G530 believed not to support deinterlacing nor vdpau with deinterlacing, either if using bob or something different (and hehe my eyes are very good ;-) ..

Greetz

LCS
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Celeron deinterlacing0