• 25(current)
Archive - old posts
@pecinko

It seems that way. At least I didn't notice any bugs/problems, yet. The dev repo shows only V 3.5 !

EDIT: I just tried to install V3.9 via zip install. This time it "worked", the screen went black, but now the box hangs, at least I think it does...
EDIT 2: I had to reboot via telnet. The installed version is still 3.8.

Quote:Above method by micoba will not install script.favourites which is used in for creating custom menu items in the skin.

I don't understand: Why is a folder missing, when I install the skin via ftpHuh Can I add it manually?
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
Hi Pecinko - I managed to install this via the repro last night - I tried it last time it didn't work so maybe an older build of Raspbmc was causing issues.. anyway regardless of that it now WORKS and it's brilliant.

Really fast, smooth experience and I was able to edit backgrounds etc with ease - thanks loads for this is now my skin of choice !
This skin is amazing! Just switched to it on my Rpi from the default confluence and it flies!

I only have one request...

is it possible to have the "Recently added movies" above the shelf on the homescreen?

Ideally be able to select which menu item they appear above (or have it there permanently) and have it scroll left and right (up to 10 items)..

this is the only thing missing from this amazing skin!
(2013-07-16, 13:04)danmedhurst Wrote: This skin is amazing! Just switched to it on my Rpi from the default confluence and it flies!

is it possible to have the "Recently added movies" above the shelf on the homescreen?

Ideally be able to select which menu item they appear above (or have it there permanently) and have it scroll left and right (up to 10 items)..

You will need to switch to vertical home layout for that.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

It is odd, I installed from the last master on github, but it is still showing 0.3.7 as the version installed
(2013-07-16, 13:54)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 13:04)danmedhurst Wrote: This skin is amazing! Just switched to it on my Rpi from the default confluence and it flies!

You will need to switch to vertical home layout for that.

Is there no chance you'd implement it on the horizontal layout?
Ideally so you can select which menu item it appears above (i hide movies and videos and set a custom menu item to go straight to my movies folder in files view mode)
I know it's a lot to ask and a little specific on my part!
(2013-07-16, 15:38)kanedamgm Wrote: It is odd, I installed from the last master on github, but it is still showing 0.3.7 as the version installed

Yes, strange bug that happened both on my Windows and RPi.

Just extract the zip, remove all folder contents from skin.amber-master (or whatever you named it) and copy the files there. v0.3.9 should be working then.
Version 0.4.0
should appear in skin developement repository soon. That will hopefully make installation simpler.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-07-16, 18:39)pecinko Wrote: Version 0.4.0
should appear in skin developement repository soon. That will hopefully make installation simpler.

Awesome Smile
Do you have a change log available?
Ver 0.4

-adds recent music videos to shelf (vertical layout)
-big panel view cosmetics
-fix plexbmc recent items not appearing in some cases
-simplify recent items code
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I am running 0.3.5 and when i go to the repo, it just says "enabled".. do i have to do anything special to get it to install the newest version?
Just be patient it takes some time for devs to push it and xbmc mirrors to make it available.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Ah ok.. cheers.
Hi pecinko,

Just wanted to say that Amber is fantastic! I use a lot of favorites and really appreciate how they are presented in Amber. 3.5 is running very smooth on 3 Pivos Xios with linux build. Can't wait for 4.0. Keep up the great work!
Still no V 0.4.0... Is this newest version at least on github?
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10