• 27(current)
Archive - old posts
Is there anyway to see buffer progress like in for example confluence, that when streaming from internet there a little grey infront of the progress bar that indicates how much ahead xbmc have streamed of the movie?
Awesome skin, works great with the Pivos Xios.

I have a few questions:
- is there setting to configure the default view for all pages? i.e. same view across video-add ons page etc with other pages
- is it possible to have the list view to cover the whole page?

keep up the good work Smile
(2013-07-22, 05:31)charliebrown Wrote: Is there anyway to see buffer progress like in for example confluence, that when streaming from internet there a little grey infront of the progress bar that indicates how much ahead xbmc have streamed of the movie?

Why do you need it?

(2013-07-22, 08:28)MK1984 Wrote: Awesome skin, works great with the Pivos Xios.

I have a few questions:
- is there setting to configure the default view for all pages? i.e. same view across video-add ons page etc with other pages
- is it possible to have the list view to cover the whole page?

keep up the good work Smile

1. music, movies should be automatically remembered. Addons work differently AFAIK.
2. I don't rule it put but probably not. Why do you need it?

(2013-07-19, 20:55)abcabc Wrote: Why not use 10 stars instead of 5 stars for rating (List, Low List, Panel, Big Panel)
You have the space to do this, so why not?

Because it does not make much sense to me. You have numeric rating available, stars are just decoration, right?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-07-19, 12:54)abcabc Wrote: Have you thought about this suggestion? There were a couple of users who liked the idea.
It would make the skin look just that bit more finished for full release.

Thanks for suggestions some of them will make it to the skin.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-07-22, 11:22)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-07-22, 05:31)charliebrown Wrote: Is there anyway to see buffer progress like in for example confluence, that when streaming from internet there a little grey infront of the progress bar that indicates how much ahead xbmc have streamed of the movie?

Why do you need it?

Because it makes sense?? Users with slow connections often pause playback to fill the buffer.. So visual representation of that buffer is useful.
(2013-07-22, 11:58)RoRoo Wrote:
(2013-07-22, 11:22)pecinko Wrote:

Why do you need it?

Because it makes sense?? Users with slow connections often pause playback to fill the buffer.. So visual representation of that buffer is useful.

Buffer bar we have and it is show when device is buffering. In addition, we have a label numerically showing progress.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Quote:2. I don't rule it put but probably not. Why do you need it?

just so the list fills the screen as it only fills about 2/3 of the screen and top is empty background, no biggie but just to make use of the space so the list is longer and easier to see more items
(2013-07-22, 13:16)MK1984 Wrote:
Quote:2. I don't rule it put but probably not. Why do you need it?

just so the list fills the screen as it only fills about 2/3 of the screen and top is empty background, no biggie but just to make use of the space so the list is longer and easier to see more items

The top should show fan art background?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Quote:The top should show fan art background?

oh i see, the stuff I have been viewing probably didnt use fanart, my bad
(2013-07-21, 09:17)pecinko Wrote: Ok, I'm investigating favourites problem and will think about busy dialog.

Both updated in Git version.

Please test and report back.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko - I would like to say thank you for how responsive you are to the community and how active you are in developing this great skin.
(2013-07-22, 12:00)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-07-22, 11:58)RoRoo Wrote:
(2013-07-22, 11:22)pecinko Wrote: Why do you need it?

Buffer bar we have and it is show when device is buffering. In addition, we have a label numerically showing progress.

Hey,

I must blind and stupid, is there anyway you could explain what you mean with the numerically showing? I cant see it. It whould be nice to have a visual buffer in progress bar, just to make sure a couple of seconds in that one found a good source.

Im loving this skin btw, great job!
(2013-07-22, 18:11)charliebrown Wrote: It whould be nice to have a visual buffer in progress bar, just to make sure a couple of seconds in that one found a good source.

I'm not sure I understand your last sentence.

Buffer label at the bottom and white buffer progress bar fills up (behind orange one) when device is buffering and buffer level is more than 0%

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-07-22, 14:51)pecinko Wrote: Both updated in Git version.

I'm using starting of an mpeg2ts file as benchmark.

Confluence : 10.1s
Conluence with <animation> disabled 6.3s

Amber : 9.9s
Amber with <animation> disabled. 7.2s
Amber with updated skin: 9.0s

So, better but not as good as with no animation.

I manually edited Loading.gif to be 2fps (it was 10fps)
With updated skin and 2fps gif animation: 7.6s

So, animated gif is a performance improvement. Reducing the framerate further would help more.
Not sure why Confluence (with animation disabled) is quicker for this test.

Here is 2fps busy animation if anyone wants to test. (It goes .xbmc/addons/skin.amber/media/busy/Loading.gif):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3669...oading.gif
(2013-07-22, 21:13)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-07-22, 14:51)pecinko Wrote: Both updated in Git version.

I'm using starting of an mpeg2ts file as benchmark.

Confluence : 10.1s
Conluence with <animation> disabled 6.3s

Amber : 9.9s
Amber with <animation> disabled. 7.2s
Amber with updated skin: 9.0s

So, better but not as good as with no animation.

I manually edited Loading.gif to be 2fps (it was 10fps)
With updated skin and 2fps gif animation: 7.6s

So, animated gif is a performance improvement. Reducing the framerate further would help more.
Not sure why Confluence (with animation disabled) is quicker for this test.

Here is 2fps busy animation if anyone wants to test. (It goes .xbmc/addons/skin.amber/media/busy/Loading.gif):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3669...oading.gif

Thanks! I have an idea.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10