• 10(current)
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M3
Lack of DTS-HD is a big hole in any modern media setup.

In fact I would take the opposite view to you on both points - DTS-HD absolutely necessary, attaching an external hard drive completely unnecessary because all you media should be stored on your server/nas where all your clients can use it.

But no device can be all things to all men.

Not sure what you mean by overloading either?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
4TB HD sometimes require a decent powered device to read it, and I thought maybe TLBB with several of them hooked up maybe couldn't handle it.

Yeah, I didn't really want to spend the money on a NAS when I only wanted my TV Shows/Movies to be accessed and played through my TV.
Are you talking about drives powered by the USB bus?

You will want a single machine with all the storage in it until you get another TV...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I just order mine, i'm very disappointed by my raspberry pi.
Thank you guys for this nice project, can't wait ...
I noticed the remote is RF is there any support for IR so us that use universals can program our Harmony remotes? I noticed another comment says it has a built in IR receiver, if so what device would it be programed in the Harmony setup?

Thanks

(2013-08-11, 00:50)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: I noticed the remote is RF is there any support for IR so us that use universals can program our Harmony remotes? I noticed another comment says it has a built in IR receiver, if so what device would it be programed in the Harmony setup?

Thanks

See post 134.
(2013-08-11, 00:54)nickr Wrote:
(2013-08-11, 00:50)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: I noticed the remote is RF is there any support for IR so us that use universals can program our Harmony remotes? I noticed another comment says it has a built in IR receiver, if so what device would it be programed in the Harmony setup?

Thanks

See post 134.

I read that post and mentioned that in my initial post. What I'm wondering is if the remote is Rf and IR or just RF? And if its RF only what remote IR codes does it work with.

Sounds like it is just RF, but that the inbuilt IR will work too if you want to use an IR remote.
(2013-08-11, 02:40)nickr Wrote: Sounds like it is just RF, but that the inbuilt IR will work too if you want to use an IR remote.

Indeed, the remote is RF only. As most remotes delivered with the STB's are not meeting our standards, we decided to integrate our own decision. The IR receiver however is still be there. At the moment we have implemented the IR remote configuration of the same remote delivered with many Android M3 Amlogic boxes.

This Android boxes are sold all over the world under different brands. The most "famous" one is the GBox Midnight.

In the near future we will look into a configuration setting within XBMC from where you can choose a specific remote control. Think of Apple's TV remote, Logitech, etc (At this moment you can already do this manually if you want)
(2013-08-11, 18:24)j1nx Wrote:
(2013-08-11, 02:40)nickr Wrote: Sounds like it is just RF, but that the inbuilt IR will work too if you want to use an IR remote.

Indeed, the remote is RF only. As most remotes delivered with the STB's are not meeting our standards, we decided to integrate our own decision. The IR receiver however is still be there. At the moment we have implemented the IR remote configuration of the same remote delivered with many Android M3 Amlogic boxes.

This Android boxes are sold all over the world under different brands. The most "famous" one is the GBox Midnight.

In the near future we will look into a configuration setting within XBMC from where you can choose a specific remote control. Think of Apple's TV remote, Logitech, etc (At this moment you can already do this manually if you want)

Thanks for the info

Does anybody know if thelittleblackbox.co.uk is an official reseller?
(2013-08-18, 09:28)CutSickAss Wrote: Does anybody know if thelittleblackbox.co.uk is an official reseller?

Certainly looks like they are. I think they're the same people as the ones behind myhtpc
(2013-08-18, 15:11)colonelblighty Wrote:
(2013-08-18, 09:28)CutSickAss Wrote: Does anybody know if thelittleblackbox.co.uk is an official reseller?

Certainly looks like they are. I think they're the same people as the ones behind myhtpc

Indeed, they are official reseller.
Can it play and output 23,976 Hz (24p) or is it only 50/60hz ?

Reading both can and can't , so whats the status now ?
The Little Black Box does not do 24p.

Hardware wise it could do it, but the drivers have just not been altered for it. As Amlogic's focus is/was purely on Android, it just hasn't been implemented. (Android GUI does not need 24p)
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M33