• 2(current)
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M3
(2013-05-07, 18:06)Rcarnes Wrote: I was reading on another forum that the hardware specs are not set in stone yet, I want to check it out and see how it runs maybe it will be decent enough to throw away my boxee box

they shoud be set in stone. it is "just" another alibaba/aliexpress chinese device.

you could even buy it straight from China for half the price. BUT !

the Linux build those guys have made is nothing short of amazing. So support them instead. i will be holding my breath for the MIUI box instead. that looks so beautiful.
Sorry, forgot to subscribe to this thread, so no emails came in.

Specs are as good as fixed now, other than that we removed the RCA connections at the back and rerouted one USB port to the internal remote dongle.

Venz is our partner and that box was our base box. We have adjusted it and Venz will also be our south east Asia distributor for the Little Black Box.

At the moment we work on the OTA update to make it more easy for people to stay up to date.
Jinx, i looked at your site
Which one is better, black little box or melee a1000 or smart tv box

Im looking for a xbmc box for max 100 euro that can play full bd25 without buffering or hickup and that can pull dts core out of dts-hd tracks with no stutter.
J1nx, it states on the official site that the 1st order has been sold out? does this mean they have been or will be shipped before the end of the month? if i order for second batch (15th of June), when will it posted? T
(2013-05-28, 10:23)Skank Wrote: Jinx, i looked at your site
Which one is better, black little box or melee a1000 or smart tv box

Im looking for a xbmc box for max 100 euro that can play full bd25 without buffering or hickup and that can pull dts core out of dts-hd tracks with no stutter.
Forget about the Mele A1000. It is a nice device for playing with ARM linux as server or desktop, but video decoding is sub-optimal because of the closed source (borked) linux binaries.

DTS-HD, will be a problem with both Amlogic devices. As they rely on the same hardware, I would say; Buy the Little Black Box, but my opinion is biased on that one Wink

(2013-05-28, 12:35)batdroid Wrote: J1nx, it states on the official site that the 1st order has been sold out? does this mean they have been or will be shipped before the end of the month? if i order for second batch (15th of June), when will it posted? T
Factory will have the boxes ready to ship on the 12th, that means ALL boxes. We are still figuring out how to get those few early birds to get there hand on a box earlier than that, but we are facing some closed doors. If succeeded we will most likely loose all our margin on those, but what the heck ....

Pre-ordering now means, you are in that big 1000+ batch leaving China around the 12th. To be planned to be delivered somewhere close after that.
So the black box will have problems with a 30 gig bdmv (bd25) movie with a dts-hd track playing (passthrough) to my pioneer vsx 919 receiver as dts track?
Then its a no go for me dammit Sad
No problem with the video, the dts-hd is the problem. Most amlogic boxes suffering from it.
So it wont pull a notmal dts out of it?
The Little Black Box will come with Android 4.0?

It's a linux box
Android it's a linux based system.

"The Little Black Box will come with Android 4.0?"
[Xgimi Z6 Polar]
[Xiaomi Mi Box]
[Raspberry Pi 3 B]
(2013-05-29, 15:58)lukasnmd Wrote: Android it's a linux based system.

"The Little Black Box will come with Android 4.0?"

You are right Laugh
Android != Linux. It uses a linux kernel.

But; No android on the Little Black Box. Only buildroot environment + Linux kernel.
how does thelittleblackbox differs from the other amlogicm3 boxes ?

is it not on the same f16ref board ?
(2013-05-29, 16:43)Krankdroid Wrote: how does thelittleblackbox differs from the other amlogicm3 boxes ?

It get's supported! (Expand lifetime by support)
Has a kick ass remote.
Focus on usability (but as you are here at the forums, you do not need that.)
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M33