XBMC does not run at all - "application configuration is incorrect"
The machine is a freshly installed XP PRO SP3 32 bit. Upon launching XBMC the following windows prompt is presented:

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling may fix this issue."

Steps taken:
- reinstalled xbmc (12.1)
- installed latest xbmc beta
- installed all the latest windows updates
- installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) from ms webpage, even though it's included in xbmc installation package
- uninstalled and then installed xbmc without c++ option ticked
- installed beta to different location (C:\)

.net framework 3.5 SP1 is installed, together with 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0.

Since XBMC has never been run there is no XBMC folder in Documents and Settings\%userprofile%\Application Data\ and neither can I generate a log since, yah, I can't get into XBMC and tick that option.

edit: eureka! I uninstalled xbmc 12.1 and told it to install in C:\xbmc (I manually created the folder xbmc before opening the installer). If this is the solution or just a coincidence I'm not sure,I'm too afraid to try to install xbcm to the regular path just to test it out in case it breaks again. It might just have been the distributional package finally installing correctly. Also worth noting the machine has swedish as system language, so the default path is C:\Program, don't know if this has got to do anything with it.

Anyway, hopefully this post can help others with the same problem, a search reveals no previous post about my particular situation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC does not run at all - "application configuration is incorrect"0