switching between live streams in a playlist
Okay so I have a quick question. What I have is a list of Live Streams (from a Video Add-On) that I have in a playlist. I would like to navigate through this playlist the way I navigate channels on my good ol' TV. When I hit the "Next" button, it jumps straight to the next stream! Success! But for some reason, when I hit the "Previous" button, it just jumps me back like 2 seconds on the current playing stream. No matter what, the "Previous" button will not play the previous stream! I checked out Keyboard.xml and the related wiki pages but I did not find any action that would accomplish what I want except for "SkipPrevious" which does what I said above. Any help or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! Big Grin
It greatly depends on which add-on you are doing this for.
interesting, really? I'm using the Mash-Up addon from xbmchub. Theres a list of international channels that he has in a folder, and I placed a certain number of them in a playlist and saved the playlist. Thanks for the speedy reply! Big Grin

if it depends that much on the add-on, should I be asking on xbmchub, instead? (sorry, I'm very new to xbmc, I'm a fast learner though! again thanks for the help)
Yes, ask there since neither they nor their offerings are affiliated with XBMC.org.
I appreciate the responses, and I plan on asking them as I know they are not affiliated with xbmc.org, but could someone at least (breifly) explain to me why it depends on the add-on? I would assume that the SkipPrevious action should do the same action in a playlist regardless of the add-on being used.
It depends on how the add-on presents the stream/item being played, I believe. There's more than one way to generate a list, and sometimes the items in a list work nicely with playlists and other times they don't. At least that's my understanding of it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
switching between live streams in a playlist0