automatically play video file instead of listing folder's content in video mode
I am using the video mode to display my recent movies folder (not the library mode)

Each movies has its own folders and the folders only contains the video file

Currently when i launch my movies folder in xbmc video mode, if i select a movie then press enter then xbmc will enter inside the folder and list the files inside the folder. So i have to select the correct file and press enter to finally play the video.

Since my movies folder always contain only 1 file (the video itself) the last step is useless and confusing for the wife. Is there a way to set XBMC to automatically play the video file when there is only one video file inside the folder (just like in the library mode) ?
No, thats what library mode is for. File mode is supposed to work like this.
If you want to make things simpler for your wife, why not just let her use Library mode? If you want just to present the movies from a particular folder, you can use a smart playlist.
(2013-05-04, 11:35)artrafael Wrote: If you want to make things simpler for your wife, why not just let her use Library mode? If you want just to present the movies from a particular folder, you can use a smart playlist.

Because sometimes the movies are not scanned into the library because the filename is wrong or something like that, so i have to manually scan it. But how can i know if the file wasnt scanned to the library ? I won't notice because nothing will appear in the library.

With video mode, if a movie doesnt get scanned correctly then i get an empty pocket so i can just click on it and chose to manually scan
But after you've identified the "missing" movies and scanned them manually using Files mode, you can then let her use Library mode to watch her movies so she won't have to click twice to select each one. It's your call.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
automatically play video file instead of listing folder's content in video mode0