TMDB scraper not working with Year
(2013-05-14, 10:40)psiclopz Wrote: I'm having the same issue with TheMovieDB scraper, but my folders *are* in the "Title (year)" format. If I run a search on the collection folder no new movies get added, if I go and right-click each individual folder and view movie information I have to delete the (year) date from the end of the name and then it will find the movie and add it.

I also tried adding the cleandatetime regex posted above to my advancedsettings.xml file, but it made no difference (didn't really expect it to since supposedly my folders are in a supported format).

Any other thoughts? This is a recent issue, with in the last couple weeks.

Just testing my theory here, is that all new movies you add, what format might they be in? I have started changing formats to mp4. So nothing new will add. But from a clean install today, i noticed that the old avis from the beginning of my catalogue added in ok. So are your movies in various formats or just one?
@psiclopz, @OzDrDj: Gonna need to see some debug log (wiki)s to get to the bottom of this.

It definitely seems connected to TheMovieDB dropping the 2.1 search.

(File extensions shouldn't make a difference.)
Ok,
Debug log....

Here i started up, did a scan for a new avi file. (no luck, so you are right, file ext made no difference) then added manually by deleting the date. then shut down.

(ooops, that doesnt fit here)

http://www.ozdrdj.com/xbmc.htm

i posted the log to this page
Note: never post Debug Log/snippets on our forum
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-05-14, 12:37)Martijn Wrote: Note: never post debug log/snippets on our forum

Thanks for that, wasn't quite sure, but i did feel the post would have been too long. Easier for all to post it to my site and provide a link.
Cheers
Okay, this is just baffling.

I literally copied your advancedsettings.xml from your log, and the folder and file name of the movie you scanned.

Yours:
Code:
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'smb://HAL9000I7SVR/MOVIES/I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell - 2009/I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell - 2009.avi'
DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell - 2009' using The Movie Database scraper (path: 'C:\Users\OzDrDj\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '3.7.3')
DEBUG: scraper: CreateSearchUrl returned <url>http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&amp;query=i%20hope%20they%20serve%20beer%20in%20hell%20-%202009&amp;year=&amp;language=en</url>

Mine:
Code:
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'E:\Videos\Test\I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell - 2009\I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell - 2009.avi'
DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell' using The Movie Database scraper (path: 'C:\Users\ScudLee\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '3.7.3')
DEBUG: scraper: CreateSearchUrl returned <url>http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&amp;query=i%20hope%20they%20serve%20beer%20in%20hell&amp;year=2009&amp;language=en</url>

(Note how in mine the year gets separated.)

I have no idea what can be different in yours, except for using smb, but like the file extension that shouldn't matter.
Hmmmmmm.....

I also tried a clean install today on my laptop. Did the TV show install, all ok.

The did the Movie folder, It is picking up some, but not many, I dont get it.

Here is the log from that one.

http://www.ozdrdj.com/xbmc2.htm

I dont know if that helps or gives you an idea why some would work and others dont.
Not sure it is an issue with the scrapper. I am having the same issue with MediaElch against TMDB.
May be an api change in TMDB?
(2013-05-14, 13:47)boulogne75 Wrote: Not sure it is an issue with the scrapper. I am having the same issue with MediaElch against TMDB.
May be an api change in TMDB?

Possibility I guess, but im certainly no expert, Cant hurt to ask them. Will drop them an email, seems to be more and more scraper problems appearing on the forums at the moment, so somehing is screwed up somewhere.
ok, so I upgraded my version of xbmclive (now xbmcbuntu). It hadn't been upgraded since ubuntu lucid. That plus upgrading the TV/Movie DB add-ons seems to have fixed the issue for me.
@OzDrDj: You are going to kick me so much...

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
    <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
  </network>
  <video>
    <cleandatetime>(.*[^ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-])[ _\.\(\)\[\]\-]+(19[0-9][0-9]|20[0-1][0-9])([ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-]|[^0-9]?$)</cleandatetime>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

Not sure why it worked without the video tags for me, it must be some change in the nightly builds post-Frodo (which was the only other difference I noticed between your logs and mine). I installed v12.2 to test, so I'm pretty confident... (Famous last words).

<cachemembuffersize> likewise should be in a network tag from my observation. Might not be necessary, if you know it works without.
Thumbs Up 
Ok, so copy and paste, and test. IT WORKS !!!
Hoooray Hoooray Hoooray.... (Dances about the room with joy)
SCUDLEE is a LEGEND !!!
A hearty well done, and thanks for all your effort.
Drinks are on me if we ever catch up.
I tested with 1 MP4 movie file and all good, Will give it a big test tomorrow, but I'd say you got it!
Cheers My Friend
and thanks heaps again.

OzDrDj
Not sure if this is related.
I have the following folder names and they worked fine when I scanned for movies some weeks back using TMdb. They are still OK in the Movies listing on an xbmc that has not updated Movies for some time. However on a new build “Monty Python's Flying Circus - Graham Chapman's Personal Best” is the only one that can be found under Movies. From a Files view the missing names are listed but with no check box at the end of the name. I can enter the names below into the TMdb website and they resolve correctly.

Monty Python's Flying Circus - Eric Idle's Personal Best
Monty Python's Flying Circus - Graham Chapman's Personal Best
Monty Python's Flying Circus - John Cleese's Personal Best
Monty Python's Flying Circus - Michael Palin's Personal Best
Monty Python's Flying Circus - Terry Gilliam's Personal Best (1970)
Monty Python's Flying Circus - Terry Jones' Personal Best
I'm having problems scraping my movies using folder name - but i don't think its an issue with the scraper, i think its an issue with the TMDB website. I have some examples i can share:

Take the movies 'The Host'. I can find it on TMDB no problem - it's here:

http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/72710-the-host

My movies folders have always been named 'title' 'year' - just a space between the two.

So in this case I named my folder "The Host 2013" - and it didn't find it.

I have tried entering "The Host 2013" into the search bar on the website http://www.themoviedb.org/ but it can't find the movies.

I've tried "The Host.2013", "The Host - 2013", The Host_2013"... all sorts. It will only find "The Host".

This is OK in this case because it finds the right movies - but often the year is required to differentiate between remakes or versions of films.

Id be able to live with this if the problem was always the same... but take a look at "Olympus Has Fallen" here http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/117263-o...has-fallen.

My folder is called 'Olympus Has Fallen 2013' and if search for that it finds it no problem!

The look at "Spring Breakers" here http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/122081-spring-breakers

My folder is called "Spring Breakers 2013" and it cant find it!

I cant see the reason it finds some but not others.

I'm having to use the website to check each time I update my movies and save .nfo files into some folders to get around the problem.

Does anyone know why this seemingly inconsistent problem is occurring?
Check posts #6 and #8 in this thread for explanations (and a fix).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB scraper not working with Year1