Manually manage Movie Sets?
Hi,

I used some tool to create nfo files for all my movies. The problem is, it can't edit Set information, so I have to do this myself. With over 600 Movies I really want to tidy it up.
The problem is, that in the wiki it only lists the <set> tag, but I'm pretty sure you could supply a secondary tag to specify the order of the movies in this set. Something like <order> or <setorder> I can't seem to find it on the Wiki though - am I imagining things?

Or can anyone recommend a good tool to edit Set data? Apparently it's possible with XWMM but I have only been able to remove a movie from a set, not the other way around Sad

As a side question: Can anyone please explain what the 'flatten' option does? I'm not a native speaker and I have no idea what it does. Does it stack Movies with the same name but different number together? (e.g. Beverly Hills Cop 1, 2, 3)
Or Upgrade to Gotham nightly.

See Movie_sets#Movie-set_manager (wiki)

Stacking is for flattening multipart files like movie.cd1.extension movie.cd2.extension See File_stacking (wiki) it has nothing to do with films belonging to a set/collection not in context you think it does anyway.

In fact read the wiki I suspect all your future questions have some info there or in forums already.

uNi
Running Openelec on my HTPC, so I rather would not.

But would it be possible to install the nightly on a different machine, edit the sets there and then write the library to disc?

Gotta have to back up my nfo files first though in case this messes up stuff.
I use MediaElch to scrape my Movies/TVShows, and it has the feature to add or remove set information (and you can add Set Artwork as well). Check it out here...http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136333
Thanks, I will check it out.

Oh I didn't knew that flatten = stacking. alright.
As long as the database version remains the same yes if not no.

There's loads of supplemental tools that do it, unfortunately XWMM is lagging behind (if developers have a real live it takes priority) and this feature is not working fully and likely wont be for a long time.

Nfos would do it but its a really silly way to do it, I never used a nfo and likely never will.

uNi
I use Ember Media Manager for sets still. It's still a P.I.T.A. to refresh every set movie in XBMC if I forgot to mark it as a set before refreshing, but I like having NFOs as it helps the next time I have to redo my database. Wish I could use Ember for <tag>'s as well, but Ember just deletes them instead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manually manage Movie Sets?0