Linux What is "Discontinuity2" in DEBUG?
What's the point in having fractional framerates anyway when there is no such thing as a display with fractional refresh?
I mean, no matter what fancy TV you got, it just won't display 0.976 frames.
Why do you think a TV can't display 999 frames in 41.666666666 s ?
(2013-05-17, 17:11)FernetMenta Wrote: Why do you think a TV can't display 999 frames in 41.666666666 s ?

please, no math Wink
(2013-05-17, 16:44)DexterF Wrote: What's the point in having fractional framerates anyway when there is no such thing as a display with fractional refresh?
I mean, no matter what fancy TV you got, it just won't display 0.976 frames.
While this is true, it's more about clocking than actual images onscreen. The Intel bug I mentioned is a hardware bug in both Sandy and Ivy bridge IGPs that doesn't allow for fractional framerates and thus displays 23.976 fps content at 24 fps. The differing clock rates add up over time and you get judder about every 40 seconds as they have to catch up. This happens like clockwork. This is why I asked the question about even having the modeline in the Xorg.conf file.
Allow xbmc to speed up replay. from 23.976 to 24 it's +0.1%, you cannot possibly see or hear that.
Plus, I don't know what nVidia does there, but like I pointed out, one cannot display 0.976 frames on the physical device.
(I'd actually *would* like to know what nvidia does there, then)
I try it the other way round:
It is absolutely no problem to display an entire frame every 41.666666666 ms. click? Smile
Quote:you cannot possibly see or hear that.

Note that many use audio pass through. In this case you can either see or hear because player needs to drop audio or video frames in order to keep them in sync.
Point taken. I still don't get your point on the 41.6... ms.
FernetMenta means that framerates are being shown as frames per second, while in reality they are not bound to that.

Showing one frame, waiting 41.6666 ms and showing another frame will result in a framerate of 23.976 frames per second on average.
(2013-05-18, 12:30)DexterF Wrote: Allow xbmc to speed up replay. from 23.976 to 24 it's +0.1%, you cannot possibly see or hear that.
Plus, I don't know what nVidia does there, but like I pointed out, one cannot display 0.976 frames on the physical device.
You do see the result. You see judder every 40 seconds as everything resynchronizes. You can not believe all you want, but tat doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
(2013-05-19, 15:45)pumkinut Wrote:
(2013-05-18, 12:30)DexterF Wrote: Allow xbmc to speed up replay. from 23.976 to 24 it's +0.1%, you cannot possibly see or hear that.
You do see the result. You see judder every 40 seconds as everything resynchronizes. You can not believe all you want, but tat doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

You won't see judder if audio is set to resample.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is "Discontinuity2" in DEBUG?0