Win Subtitles will NOT turn off
Just a quick update, seems like using the T button on the keyboard did disable the subtitles which was great news!
(2013-05-15, 00:19)js60012 Wrote: When I press 'T' nothing happens

If you press T and nothing happens the subtitles have been embedded into the file you are playing.
(2013-05-21, 02:01)jhusch Wrote: If you press T and nothing happens the subtitles have been embedded into the file you are playing.

The common term to distinguish between optional subtitles and subtitles that have been "burned into" the video stream is softsubs and hardsubs. Whether or not they are embedded has nothing to do with it, embedded subs can refer to both types of subtitles, and more often it's used to describe softsubs (which -can- be disabled).
Yeah probably better to think of hardsubs embedded into the picture and soft embedded into the file.
(2013-05-21, 04:39)sialivi Wrote:
(2013-05-21, 02:01)jhusch Wrote: If you press T and nothing happens the subtitles have been embedded into the file you are playing.

The common term to distinguish between optional subtitles and subtitles that have been "burned into" the video stream is softsubs and hardsubs. Whether or not they are embedded has nothing to do with it, embedded subs can refer to both types of subtitles, and more often it's used to describe softsubs (which -can- be disabled).

Thanks for the clarification Sialivi, but I think we all understand the problem at hand.
(2013-05-21, 12:29)jhusch Wrote:
(2013-05-21, 04:39)sialivi Wrote:

Thanks for the clarification Sialivi, but I think we all understand the problem at hand.

I think part of the problem is that not everyone DOES understand.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm running 12.2 in Windows 8. I cannot turn off subtitles in XBMC but I can in VLC. Is VLC able to turn off hardcoded subtitles?
How are you turning off subtitles in xbmc?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-09-08, 03:10)nickr Wrote: How are you turning off subtitles in xbmc?

I must apologize. I went and checked a larger sample of ripped files and it looks like some of my movies are hardcoded and some are not. Very odd, since I use the same settings every time I encode with handbrake. It look like XBMC is functioning correctly.
hi, what do you do id you don't have a keyboard? I have a pivos ds with a harmony remote. my subtitles are definitely not burnt into the movie as i can switch them off on my old media player. the menu option to have no subs doesn't work.is there someway to code it?
Click ok when playing and go to the audio menu. You can turn subtitles on and off in there.
Mine is doing the same thing all mkv, and they are in the container as separate files and can be removed permanently but I shouldn't have to. I only use a remote no keyboard (mc remote) but there should be a way to do this, especially with v13 Beta 3
Plex has a neat little screen when selecting to play the video that allows you to select subtitles and audio stream yet it is based on xbmc, is there any hope of getting something like this or are we still stuck with another media center
unRAID 6.6.6 Pro 64TB AZZA Helios 910, GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H/ Intel i5-4460, 16GB G.SKILL Sniper Series DDR3 1833, EVGA 1050G Supernova PS, 4 x iStarUSA BPN-DE350SS Cages, 2 x SUPERMICRO 8-Port Controllers, 2 x WD 4TB (PARITY 1&2), 10 x WD 4TB (ARRAY), 6 x WD 3TB (ARRAY), 3 x WD 2TB (ARRAY), 1 x EVO 240GB SSD (CACHE), 1 x CRUZER FIT, AVR-x3400H, LG-UBK80, QLED 6f
(2014-04-20, 22:46)icedragonslair Wrote: Mine is doing the same thing all mkv, and they are in the container as separate files and can be removed permanently but I shouldn't have to. I only use a remote no keyboard (mc remote) but there should be a way to do this, especially with v13 Beta 3
Plex has a neat little screen when selecting to play the video that allows you to select subtitles and audio stream yet it is based on xbmc, is there any hope of getting something like this or are we still stuck with another media center

Map a remote key to T. Job done.
(2014-04-21, 00:12)nickr Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 22:46)icedragonslair Wrote: Mine is doing the same thing all mkv, and they are in the container as separate files and can be removed permanently but I shouldn't have to. I only use a remote no keyboard (mc remote) but there should be a way to do this, especially with v13 Beta 3

Map a remote key to T. Job done.

Still thinking this should be a regular feature in xbmc
unRAID 6.6.6 Pro 64TB AZZA Helios 910, GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H/ Intel i5-4460, 16GB G.SKILL Sniper Series DDR3 1833, EVGA 1050G Supernova PS, 4 x iStarUSA BPN-DE350SS Cages, 2 x SUPERMICRO 8-Port Controllers, 2 x WD 4TB (PARITY 1&2), 10 x WD 4TB (ARRAY), 6 x WD 3TB (ARRAY), 3 x WD 2TB (ARRAY), 1 x EVO 240GB SSD (CACHE), 1 x CRUZER FIT, AVR-x3400H, LG-UBK80, QLED 6f
It is a regular feature in XBMC: While playing a video, bring up the on screen display and select the audio options -> Turn off "subtitles" -> scroll down and select "save as default for all videos"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles will NOT turn off0