Win Multiple Monitor Problem
I'm running two independent monitors under Widows XP. XBMC is running on monitor #2. When I try to use monitor #1, XBMC (on monitor #2) minimizes. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong/how to fix this?
Not really sure there is anything wrong, some systems or set-ups work (multitask so-to-speak) with XBMC and some don't. XBMC wasn't originally built to be a multitasking program and a lot of people will tell you to just use another computer. Some people with fast systems and good gfx cards have found they can still use XBMC to entertain guests while cruising the web or simply copying files.

Key to remember to open your expanded desktop before launching XBMC, then launch XBMC in a windowed mode, using the drag bar.. drag this window to your target display (you should now be able to operate a secondary program without minimization). Now this part is dependant on your hardware/software combinations.... hitting the slash key (\) should toggle full screen with XBMC in focus and on some systems multitasking is possible. Alternatively you'll have to suffer with windowed mode.
Make sure that XBMC is running full screen instead of windowed on that monitor.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Monitor Problem0